3) Diagon Alley

We walked down the streets of London, me and Harry were holding hands as he was making sure I wouldn't get lost.

"All students must be equipped with...one standard size two pewter cauldron and may bring, if they desire, either an owl, a cat, or a toad." Harry read off the requirements. We looked up at Hagrid.

"Can we find all this in London?" I asked him.

"If you know where to go," Hagrid said cryptically. Me and Harry shared a confused look and continued down the streets until we came across a black building with blacked-out windows. The sign said nothing at first but soon read "The Leaky Cauldron". We all walked in and I was surprised to see it packed and huge on the inside. There were people of all ages but most of them looked older. 

"Ah, Hagrid! The usual, I presume?" A man at the bar asked Hagrid.

"No, thanks, Tom. I'm on official Hogwarts business. Just helping young Harry and Y/n here buy their school supplies." Hagrid explained. I smiled politely at Tom.

"Bless my soul," Tom exclaimed in surprise. "It's the Potter twins." The conversations went almost silent as everyone in the pub looked at us and I shrank from the attention. A man grabbed Harry's hand and shook it.

"Welcome back, Mr. Potter. Welcome back." He said. Harry smiled politely at the man and a woman came up to me.

"Doris Crockford, Miss. Potter. I can't believe I'm meeting you at last." She said and shook my hand, I smiled politely at her. A man in a turban came up to us.

"The P-Potter t-twins." He stuttered. "C-can't tell you how pleased I am to meet you both." He said. Harry and I shared a surprised look.

"Hello, Professor. I didn't see you there." Hagrid greeted the man in the turban. "Harry, Y/n, this is Professor Quirrell." Me and Harry looked at Hagrid and then back at Professor Quirrell. "He'll be your Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher at Hogwarts," Hagrid explained. I didn't like this man's demeanor but Harry smiled at him and held his hand out.

"Oh. Nice to meet you." He said kindly. Professor Quirrell simply stared at his hand and stepped back slightly.

"F-fearfully fascinating subject." He ignored the handshake and Harry gave me a confused look. I shrugged my shoulders and he continued to listen to the professor. "N-not that you need it, eh, Potter's?" He said. Harry smiled at the supposed compliment.

"Yes, well, must be going now. Lots to buy." Hagrid announced to the whole pub.

"Good-bye." Me and Harry said at the same time to the professor. Hagrid walked us out of the bar through a backdoor into a dead-end ally.

"See you guys? You're famous." Hagrid said.

"But why are we famous, Hagrid?" Harry asked.

"All those people back there, how is it they know who we are?" I asked him. Hagrid stopped at the wall where a couple of bricks were further back than the rest of them.

"I'm not sure I'm exactly the right person to tell you that." He looked back at the wall and pulled out his umbrella then he proceeded to tap the area around the hole in the wall in a clockwise motion from left to right. Suddenly the bricks moved away and revealed a whole other world past them. "Welcome to Diagon Alley," Hagrid announced. I stared in awe at all the shops that leaned this way and that and the people all around as we walked through the narrow street. "Here's where you get your quills and your ink. And over there, all your bits and bobs for doing your Wizardry." Hagrid pointed at the many shops. I stared at the ladies who were dressed strangely and the signs that moved all on their own. Everything felt alive and magical.