⚈12꧂

✐𖥸✎

As I wandered through the school to find Mr. Grandell I heard a soft voice. It was coming from the art room. My curiosity got the better of me and I peeked inside. It was Jisera. She was singing softly to herself as she looked at my painting. She had an apron on and a paint brush in hand. A canvas stood slightly to the left of her. It was still white.

Suddenly she stopped singing and her eyebrows knit together. She dipped her paint brush in grey paint and started painting the backdrop. Just as she had seen me do, she painted the whole thing grey before layering on the next colour.

I smiled softly, watching her paint. It was such a beautiful sight. Her painting took shape rather quickly. As she got more comfortable and relaxed, she started humming. It felt so peaceful. Suddenly a hand came and snaked around my waist, then a chest bumped into my back. A chin rested on my shoulder and I could feel their breath on my ear. I turned my head and saw Chuck. His face was filled with relief.

"Oh my gosh. I thought something bad happened to ya. Don't scare me like that." He whispered, hugging me tighter.

I looked at him with confusion written all over my face.

"Chuck, I was gone for like five minutes." I huffed. He just shook his head.

"Naw mate. Ya were gone for like twenty minutes."

I gasped and looked down at my watch. He was right! I must've been brain washed. I can't believe I've been watching her paint for that long.

"What are ya looking at?" Chuck asked curiously.

I nodded my head in Jisera's direction. Chuck looked and realization dawned on his face. His mouth made an 'o' shape. It was at that moment Jisera decided to look up from her painting and saw us. Her eyes narrowed and she set down the paint brush before stomping over to me. I internally cringed.

"Liam Zelders. So now you come and help? When I've already learned everything myself!? Tch!" She crossed her arms. I smiled sheepsihly at her.

"Uh... sorry 'bout that mate. I was a little... preoccupied?"

"Humph!"

"Ok ok. I knaur I didn't really keep my promise, so I wanna make it up to ya. I have a spare this class, so-"

"Save it. I don't care. I have no business with you. Why should I? You promised to help. I don't tolerate broken promises."

"What? Ya're gonna make me do some stupid homework?" I huffed.

"Tch. That's like so cliché. Do I look cliché to you?"

".....That's valid."

"Just help me with the outline will ya?" She said while walking back to her painting.

"Fine.. " I couldn't help but smile a little.

"But Liam! Our-"

"Chuck! Don't argue with mother bear." I whispered.

His eyes went wide as he realized what I meant. I waved my hand telling him to go. He nodded his head and backed out. He knew what I meant.

"Oi! Mate! Stop stop stop! That ain't the right brush! You'll ruin it!"

I rushed over to Jisera and quickly snatched away the brush. It would have ruined her painting and the poor brush would have had to pay for it.