●8꧂

●⧼⥢☾☼☽⥤⧽●

Thursday shone bright and clear. Liam woke up with a smile and stretched. He was finally home from the hospital and he felt elated. Quickly getting ready, he rushed down the stairs hopping on one foot trying to get his shoe on. He ran past the kitchen to the dining room to get an apple from the fruit bowl.

"Oi! Mum? Eomma!"

"I'm in the bedroom sweetheart!" She called.

Liam slid across the floor to the hallway. He slid so fast that he ended up sliding past her bedroom door. He had to back up a few spaces before rushing in.

"Crikey! That was close!"

"Liam! For the love of Pete! Do you want to go back to the hospital!?"

"Uh... naur.. Sorry. Anyways! Eomma, me and Chuck were wondering if we could go on a little adventure after school today. We need to find a new view that captures our hearts and make a painting for it as well as an essay and photo collage. We thought it be fun to scout out some new dardy places. Please can I go Eomma!?"

Valerie looked skeptical and hesitant. She didn't really want her son to go seeing as he was just discharged from the hospital.

"I don't know Lee. I don't really want you by yourself for now. I won't be able to get to you. Remember, your father and I are going to see your godmother today."

"Aunt Celia? Really?"

"Don't you remember Liam? I told you yesterday."

"Ya... did?"

"Yes. When you were eating your grapes at the table."

"Huh? When did I eat grapes?"

"Yesterday. At exactly 2 o'clock."

Liam furrowed his eyebrows and searched his brain. Yet despite turning it inside out, he couldn't remember anything.

"I'm sorry mum. I haven't a clue what you're talking about. I don't seem to remember."

Valerie looked at her son worriedly. She had purposely told him about five times throughout the day and even once before he went to bed. Yet he still hadn't remembered.

"Lee. Is your head bothering you?"

"My... head?" Liam scratched his head as he thought.

"Now that I think about it, it does kinda feel light. Like I'm on cloud nine."

Valerie felt Liam's forehead. It was indeed a little warm, but that wasn't uncommon after Liam just getting over an attack.

"You're probably just foggy from your medication. But now I feel even worse about letting you go out."

"Aww mum! Please! Chuck will be with me! He naurs everything remember! He naurs exactly what to do. And he has his license. Not to mention his first aide."

Valerie looked at Liam's pleading eyes and sighed, knowing her son would potentially fail if she didn't let him.

"Fine. But you or Chuck must tell us immediately if anything happens and when you'll come home. Please be back before nine. And tell me if you'll be out later than seven. If you start to feel any sort of dizziness please come home immediately."