1.6

Chapter VI: House Drop

Jasner decides to take a break from auditions for the next few hours, debating on if he should work on some homework, he hadn't been able to do yesterday or put it off until later and find Sullie.

He shakes his head at the feeling of those damn butterflies moving around in his stomach whenever he thinks of her. He's happy to see her become the person he imagines she was before arriving in the Palm Woods, happy.

But he's also kind of scared because the pretty boy of the band seems to hate him. Which is kind of weird for him to think about when everyone else here seems to like him and yet, he thinks he knows why.

Yesterday when he left Camille for a second to grab the smoothies, he may or may not have taken a minor detour and may have used his favorite form of travel in any building (he can find a blueprint to) the vents.

He couldn't tell what he was feeling when Gustavo asked them if they had experienced the kind of love, they needed to in order to "perfect" the song and James turned around to look at the only person who's around them most of the time, that's their age.

He left without popping in to say hi, needing to figure out what he was feeling before talking to Sulane again.

-

"How are you feeling?"

"Huh?" She turns her head, staring at him.

'Oh... no.' He smiles at her, has she always been this pretty?

Is he slow to realize that she's really cool and interesting and- he's not just crushing he's on the verge of falling for her, and hard.

He sits on the couch, leaning forward with his elbows on his thighs. 'Act normal. She doesn't need to know.' "Whatcha doin'?"

"Reading more letters. I found some hidden behind pasta in the cabinets."

"Oh, really. Do you," his voice cracks. Jasner winces and shakes his head. "Do you want me to look around and see if I can find anymore?"

"Not right now. I'm still reading through the first two weeks I was here. Apparently, Carlos got his first A which turned out to be a mistake because there were two Carlos' in his math class." Sulane huffs, throwing her head back against the cushions of the couch.

They turn to look at one another, staring into each other's eyes before she sighs.

"Do you want to take a nap?"

She shakes her head, stretches her arms above her head, stifling a yawn.

"You're lying. Come on, up you go," he pats the cushion beside him.

"Fine." She sets the letter on top of the pile she's made.

He moves out of the way, smiling. "Lay down, I'll watch something on TV and wait till you fall asleep before leaving."

She nods, already half asleep.

He purses his lips, wondering what he can do to help make things easier for her.

She's been working so much more than he's ever seen and it's taking a toll on her.

He shakes his head, grabbing the blanket off the back of the couch, carefully laying it across her before squatting, resting on the balls of his feet.

He brushes a few fallen strands off her cheek, pushing them behind her ear. "If I ever get a big role and have to shoot out of town or something, I'd really miss you," he mutters, watching over her until he realizes he needs to go to his apartment and make an audition tape. He doesn't know why he said it, but he doesn't regret it because he would.