1.3

Chapter III: There's Trickery Afoot

She searches her bag for some licorice, only to find none. Now that she thinks about it- she scoffs shaking her head.

A knock distracts her from her previous thoughts.

She looks through the people, finding no one there but, there seems to be something on her doormat.

Sulane unlocks the door, opening it to find two large containers of licorice and a card. She fights the smile threatening to stretch across her lips, she loses.

She sticks her head out the door, looking left and right to find no one on either end. She grabs the card and sets in on her table before snatching the licorice off the floor (before the licorice bandits could get to it.

Sure, they may not be real but, she's not taking any chances).

-

The boys pull their heads away from the corner of the wall, smiling and high fiving one another. "Yes!"

"Do you think she'll ever forgive us?" Carlos asks.

The others purse their lips.

"We don't even know what we're supposed to be sorry for," Kendall points out.

"That's actually- yeah, you're right," Logan says.

"Who cares," James smacks Carlos's shoulder, "she'll be a thousand times nicer to us now that she has a supply of licorice to last her a..." He looks off to the side, trying to come up with a semi accurate number.

"Weeks?" Logan offers.

"A month," Kendall shrugs.

The former nods, "yeah, let's go with a month. It sounds the most realistic."

"We should probably start heading back to the room now. I don't want mom to start worrying."

The boys walk down the hallway feeling better than they did that morning.

-

She opens the envelope, pulling out the card to find her payment. She sets the two tens beside the licorice, reading the short note.

"Dear Sullie,

Here is your payment in full for the bet on the first teacher and the deal we made. It was I had a lot of fun today. The guys and I hope that we can do this more. (They don't know I'm writing this) We're sorry for what we might have done unless it was something we didn't do, either way, we're really sorry. I missed you, Licorice.

Carlos (Corndog)"

She sniffs, quickly wiping her cheeks. She shakes her head, stuffing the card back in the envelope and the cash into her wallet.

She smiles as she opens one of her containers, munching on a piece of licorice. She groans, "so good."

S01 EP 03

Sulane and Jasner sit in the seats outside of the Palm Woods lobby, obviously in one of the cabanas.

"You know, I don't get it," the teen girl says.

"What?"

"Yesterday- you weren't there, lucky you." She pushes herself up, sitting straight up, "anyway, the first teacher Gustavo and Kelly hired was insane."

"Was he actually?"

"He used to be in a boy band and was bitter about it. I think he and his bandmates were no longer seen as the "it" band which in turn, made him bitter. I just want to know how no one noticed the five veins sticking out of his forehead the more he kept talking about his boy band era."