"What do you want sophia?" Her father asked trying not to loose his temper.
"Papa i made this for you and mama!! Happy Anniversary!" She beamed with excitement but the same couldn't be said for her parents.
"Keep it on the table and go to your room". Her mom said not bothering to look at it.
Sophia did as said and went upstairs. She peeked slightly and saw the worst sight ever for a small child.
Her mother cruelly crushed the drawing and threw it in the trash can while her father didn't bother to stop her. Sophia went to her room and sobbed silently. Poor girl couldn't understand why her mother didn't like the drawing as she cried while holding her mouth to not let any voice escape.

Flashback ends

"Uh yeah it's really heartwarming to see your love for your family!" I said trying not to breakdown after that horrible memory flashed in my head.
"Thank you so much again! I wish i could repay you but i'm running late and I don't want my wife to strangle me for coming home late" he says jokingly.

"No it's no big deal! Take care sir". I said and left as soon as i could. I couldn't bear hearing anything anymore. I walked as fast i could and reached my home. I slammed the door shut and let my tears fall freely. The house was so quite. Only my sobs were heard. People always called me emotionless because i never cried in front of anybody, not even in front of my so called parents. But when i find myself alone i let my tears free. Free from the chains.

I didn't realize how long i was crying on the sofa. I got up and wiped my tears and went to the bathroom to take a shower to relax myself. The water drizzled on my tattooed body. I didn't cover myself with tattoos completely but i had a good share of it. A way to numb my pain. Mom always hated them and dad never really bothered but always gave a disgusted look. But it never bothered me .After showering i dried my hair and myself and got out.
Chill people i've worn my clothes don't have to worry that I'm roaming around naked.

I looked at the time and it was 9:30 pm already. Damn. The fuck do i do for dinner now? Well luckily i do know how to cook decent meals so I decided to make myself a good bowl of chicken fried rice. I got the ingredients and started to make it. The smell was so good, lol at least my cooking is better than the cook's.

I plated the rice and sat on the dining table. Ngl it has been a good minute since i had such a peaceful dinner without two people cursing at me. I finished my food and washed the plate and other utensils i used for the fried rice and went up to my room.
I packed my bag for tomorrow. Damn i gotta tell my friends about today's events which made my stomach churn a bit. So dramatic.

As i was busy thinking about today i heard laughs from a distance. Curiosity took over me and i went towards my window and looked outside. I saw a family walking their dog while laughing heartily. Sadness took over me but i chose to ignore everything and shut the window. I for real cannot deal with crying rn and getting a huge migraine.
I laid on my bed and closed my eyes, letting the sleep take over.

The next day
Morning came as usual and I stretched my body a bit. I checked the time and it was 5 am. I can't help it tho, no matter how much i tried to sleep in late I couldn't. But it was also a good excuse to be productive. I made my bed, cleaned the house and changed into my gym wear.
The gym was a 5 minute walk from my house. Gym was always that one place where I could remove my frustrations by lifting heavy weights.
If we talk about my body, I wasn't extremely buff but not skinny also, i always kept my health first. Not caring about the "hourglass" figure which every girl is supposed to achieve. I instead focused on muscle building and never put myself under intense diets to loose weight.
Today i decided to hit back and biceps. I mostly prefer legs and shoulders but it's important to work different sections of your body too. After an intense workout, i walked back home, it was 6:30 am and my classes don't start until 10 am. So i had plenty of time to get fresh and eat a peaceful breakfast.

Time skip to University
I was walking to my class when i saw Ash, Ryan and Claire all waiting for me. Sighing i went towards them.
"SOPHIA OMG WE WERE SO WORRIED LIKE YOU DIDNT TEXT AFTER AT ALL AFTER YOU LEFT!!" Claire frantically exclaimed while Ash and Ryan were trying to calm her down.
"Sophs is everything okay? Your eyes look so puffy and red". Ash expressed concern and i mentally slapped myself for not icing my eyes.

I told them everything from start to end. But this time I didn't cry. I blurted everything with a monotone voice.
"Sophs i'm so sorry, why didn't you call us right after brandon left! I swear to god I won't spare him-." Ryan couldn't even finish his sentence when i stopped him.
"Nobody is going to utter a single bad word about him. None of it was his fault." I said in a low voice making them silent. I knew they wanted to say more but after seeing me they chose not too.

"I'll see you guys outside for lunch since our classes are ending at the same time okay?" Ash said and we all nodded. Then we went to our respective classrooms.

As soon as i entered, whispers and smalls screams of excitement filled the classroom. Since most of my classmates are from my old school, it wasn't new that they were freaking out after seeing "me". Seriously just because i dress and act differently, doesn't mean i am some sort of celebrity. Ignoring them i took my seat near the window. Soon everyone settled when the teacher entered but he wasn't alone. A guy around my age also entered and for a while i felt the earth stopped spinning.

"Good morning students, a new student who is right beside me is joining today. There were some minor issues regarding the admission but now it is all settled. Please introduce yourself to the class".

"Hello everyone!! My name is Kyle smith! Hopefully we all get along well and please take care of me!

Okay now who is he and why is my stomach twisting at his presence?