Part 1: The New Beginning

AN: I'm writing this at 1 am, as I just decided to write this so may seem a little off and not very well written but I couldn't just leave the background information!
-------------------------------

"Are you ready??" Tara screamed from her room in the apartment, as the two of you were getting ready to go to a halloween party she practically begged you to go to. "Almost!!!" You screamed back. The only reason you were going to this stupid thing anyways, was because you knew Ethan was. I mean, he is Chad's roommate after all. When he was first introduced to your friend group, you thought he was super cute. As you got to know him, you learned that his personality was great, something you were very attracted too. "Finally. I swear I was gonna die from how long you were taking," Tara said, as she saw you walk out of your room in your costume, "also, why the fuck are you dressed cuter than me? I know we are both pirates but I hate how yours is better than mine." Tara said a little upset. "Hey, you look sexy, something I could never do," you said, trying to make Tara feel better about her costume, truly it wasn't bad at all. "Quinn, we're leaving now. Don't say a word to Sam, you know she will murder us!" You say basically out the door already, "I won't y/n!" Quinn said before she texted her new boy toy to come over, so she could get some while you guys were out. The party wasn't far so you and Tara decided to walk there, but you didn't mind as you loved walking, especially in the dark. Something about seeing all the lights reflect on puddles along the street made you feel comfort. You could hear the party not even a mile away, the blasting music, the smell of the alcohol lingering in the air, as you can already see the couples making out everywhere you looked.

Arriving at the party, you and Tara step inside, already feeling the need for a drink in your system. You hated being in a crowd of people you didn't know. Especially after last year. You quickly find the kitchen, grabbing a red cup, filling it with the first bottle you could grab, almost downing your drink instantly. After one more cup, you turn around the corner to see Mindy and Anika sitting on the couch, talking about last year's massacre. "Don't parties bother you? I mean, after you were almost murdered during one?" Anika said, considering what happened to Mindy must bother her a bit. "No not really. I see it as getting struck by lightning, the chances of it happening twice to the same person are slim." "Guess I better stick close to you then" Anika said slinging her legs onto Mindy's lap, as they both smile at each other. Gosh they were so cute. "Oh hey y/n!! You look cute!" Anika said, admiring your costume. "Thank you gorgeous!" You shot back at her, before plopping on the side couch right next to them. "Hey have you guys seen Ethan?" You asked looking around the room filled with people, trying to meet those eyes you loved getting lost in. "Awww does y/n miss her little boyfriend?" Mindy said in a sarcastic tone, which you always hated. "You know he's not my boyfriend Mindy. And no, I just wanted to see what his costume is." lying knowing damn well you just wanted to be near him, feeling his presence. "Well he's with Chad in the dining room, past the kitchen." "Thanks. I'll see you guys later." You said as you got up, ready to find him. "Bye y/n!!" Anika said in her sweet tone as always. You loved her so much. Mindy too but she could get annoying at times.

While that was happening, Tara was going to the kegs for another drink, but someone puts a cup on top of it, indicating that it was all out. "You're kidding." Tara said in disbelief. "Nope. All gone." some frat boy said to Tara before introducing themselves to each other. "Hey, I have some fireballs up in my room if you wanna go grab them." The frat boy says to Tara. "Fuck it, sure let's go" they start to walk upstairs.

You finally found Chad and Ethan, staring at a girl across the room dressed in a harry potter costume. Interrupting their conversation, you grabbed their attention, "Hey Chad! Hey Ethan!" You said with a smile on your face. "Oh hey y/n. You look great." Chad said while very obviously looking for Tara. "Thanks Chad, nice cowboy costume, although you are kinda lacking a shirt. And Ethan nice... card board robot costume?" you asked with a question, very confused on what he actually is. "Um it's actually a knight costume. But I can totally see why you say it's a robot costume, it was a last minute thing since Chad just told me about this party an hour in advance so I rushed and couldn't put much det-" Ethan was cut off, as you could clearly tell he was nervous. "Hey it's fine, I can totally see it now that it's a knight costume, not a too bad job for an hour in advance." You say trying to give him a bit of confidence. "Hey cowboy, you're needed," Anika walked in grabbing Chad wondering what was happening.

Leaving you and Ethan alone wondering, you made comment to him before following. "By the way, you look cute." you applied before walking off, making him blush. You walked into the 2nd part of the living room, seeing Chad and this frat boy starting to get into a fight before Sam walks in, tasing the frat boy in the balls. "What the fuck Sam! Are you kidding?!" Tara screamed stomping out. You and the rest of the group followed behind, keeping you distance from the two fighting sisters. You walked next to Ethan behind Chad, Mindy, and Anika. The whole situation annoying you, you pull out your phone and earbuds, turning on music. Ethan gave you an intrigued look as you gave him one of the ear buds, which he accepted. You started to daze off into the music until this random bitch dumps her drink all over Sam. Sam started yelling as she was held back by Chad and Mindy. No one was holding you back though as you pushed the girl into the ground, defending your friend. "You know what she did" the girl said walking off with her friends.

The group started walking back to our apartment while Sam was trying to drain her shirt out. You walked with Tara, trying to comfort her and calm her down after her fight with Sam. Not knowing what was happening with Sam and Ethan behind you. Ethan offered Sam tissues. Three to be exact. Which she grabbed after looking at him. She start to dry herself off as Ethan just stand there awkwardly. After receiving one last look from Sam, he walked off to catch up with you and the rest.
-------------------------------------------
Another AN/ okayyy so during the writing of this chapter, I decided i'm not going to go exactly off the movie, to add my own chapters and ideas for what I want for this book. It will be a couple chapters before the ghostface stuff starts happening but it will be in the book I promise!! I didn't plan out how I was gonna write this before hand but I will figure it out!! Anyways hoped you enjoyed this and please stick with me as I think you will like my own chapters into this book!!