33. 𝘠𝘰𝘶 𝘤𝘢𝘯'𝘵 𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘯 𝘪𝘧 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘥𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘢𝘴𝘬 𝘲𝘶𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯𝘴.

Song: Story of a boy by Jordy

**

~ Domenico Marco De Luca ~

"Okay so... Rio said that I drink too much tea and tried to do the doctor thing of 'too much of anything is still bad for you,' I call bullshit but I brought you some coffee." Asher says as he enters his room with two cups in hand, I have to agree, his tea obsession is a bit obsessive.

It doesn't even matter what flavor or type of tea it is, I think he drinks just about all of them. So does Alessandro for that matter, I don't understand how they can drink that shit.

I prefer coffee but I still don't go insane over it like he does tea.

"Thank you Asher, you're a lifesaver."

We sat in silence for a moment as we sip the hot beverages before a question came to mind, one that I'm not even sure I'm allowed to ask.

"Ash?"

"Yes Nico?"

"I know that you're trans, like I get that, but I have a question about it but I'm afraid it's too invasive and I really don't want to make you feel uncomfortable."

"Go for it." Asher says he sits at attention on the edge of his bed, "I honestly don't mind, you can't learn if you don't ask questions. I mean, I don't have to answer but I actually can't think of anything that I wouldn't answer."

"Okay... Do you still have your period, if you do... How does that work?" I know it's actually none of my business but I would assume that's not the greatest experience for him and if I could, I want to make sure he's comfortable.

"I don't. That has nothing to do with me being trans though, I'm not on testosterone or anything that would stop my menstruation cycle. I started my period twice but um... One of my old foster homes got a bit 'too rough' with the punishments and it severely damaged my uterus and sent me into something that is almost like early menopause but not quite.

It works just how a functioning female body would, it's not like there's an extra step to bleeding, minus the extra mental breakdowns for being reminded that I was born female.

In a way I'm grateful because the bleeding and hormonal change when I was on my period made me incredibly dysphoric, I probably would have offed myself by now."

"Oh... I'm sorry. For what it's worth, I'm glad you're here." I suddenly surprised myself by the soft tone of my voice.

Actually, I have come to realize my voice is often quite soft when talking to Asher.

Normally I come off as cold and harsh even when I don't mean to, but I have learned really quickly that I can't do that with Asher Bernardi. He's more jumpy than most of the people I associate with and I finally got to a point where he actually seemed to want to be around me and not out of fear.