V

Jaenys is convinced that her husband is just missing, or worse, taken. She deploys the entire Queensguard to find him. She has them search near and far. In the Red Keep and in Kings Landing, but Ser Harrold Westerling can only deliver unfortunate news.

The King-Consort is gone, as is his dragon, Nightshade.

How could this be? They are only married as of last night? Why would he just leave?

The questions stay in the Queen's mind as her belly grows and her pregnancy continues. She still welcomes Prince Viserys and his wife and child to stay within the Red Keep, but Prince Daemon is another story. Prince Viserys thinks it is best if his brother is not in Kings Landing, and so the Queen listens to him. She sends the prince to the Vale, where he stays with Aemma's kin.

The Prince Viserys is more than happy to advise the Queen when she asks for it, but seeing as he's not on her council, he doesn't voice his opinion at every occasion.

" Viserys... would you mind?" The Queen asks.

" Yes, of course, your grace," Viserys says as he rushes to her side.

Viserys helps the Queen stand up from her chair, for her swollen belly makes it hard for her to move around.

" Any word of Maegor?" She asks with hopeful eyes.

" No, your grace... I'm afraid not," He sighs, " But, that's just my brother. Never was able to stay anywhere for long."

The Queen's face contorts into somewhat of a grimace, but she forces a smile.

" I was hoping your brother would at least stay here," She admits, " With me."

Queen Jaenys is facing a difficult pregnancy. She is struggling with morning sickness and fatigue, and her anxiety is increasing due to Maegor's disappearance from the Red Keep. Despite these challenges, she is determined to fulfill her duty as a leader and carry her child to term.

Even if it means the Small Council meetings are even more insufferable than usual.

" It is an urgent matter, my Queen," One of the Lords addresses, " The tension is the Stepstones continues to grow

" It is an urgent matter, my Queen," One of the Lords addresses, " The tension is the Stepstones continues to grow."

Jaenys's eyes turn to Otto, of whom she prays will fill her in.

" They are a chain of small islands across the Narrow Sea," He states, " We fear that there may be a war brewing."

She nods as she rubs her belly, still learning everything there is to know as sovereign. She tries her best... but doesn't know if it's enough.

" How is Prince Daemon in the Vale?" Jaenys asks.

" The Lady of the Errie requests that we... remove the prince," A Lord recounts.

" And where else shall we send him?" The Queen asks.

" Perhaps nowhere, your grace. He might make a fine Commander of the City Watch."