House Targaryen lives through fire and blood, as House Stark lives through ice and snow. Two great Houses within the realm of Westeros, but only one sits the Iron Throne.

King Jaehaerys Targaryen has ruled for many years, but his marriage to the beautiful Queen Alysanne Targaryen came to an unfortunate end when she died of a wasting illness on the isle of Dragonstone.

The king was absolutely heartbroken, yet had a duty to the realm to take a new wife, and House Stark saw this as an opportunity to put one of their own on the Throne, so that the North may be free from their Iron grasp.

Lady Edelyn Stark marries the king, but their marriage last about as long as her pregnancy. The new Queen became pregnant fairly quickly, but the Stranger came to the Red Keep and claimed her on the birthing bed. Thus, a new Targaryen was born.

Jaenys.

Of blood both hot and cold.

Of blood both Targaryen and Stark.

The king could have loved his daughter or could not. It was so hard to tell, given he barely spent any time with her during her youth.

But the one thing that was ever so cruel to the Targaryen family, was time. With time came death, where the Stranger took lives as if they were grapes from a vine.

Aegon was a stillborn.

Daenerys died at the age of 7 from an illness.

Aemon died in battle.

Baelon died of a burst belly.

Alyssa died after complications from her labors.

Maegelle died of greyscale.

Vaegon was slain by an archmaester.

Daella died during childbirth.

Saera left the continent of Westeros entirely, laying waste to her House and all its members.

Viserra fell from her horse.

Daemon and Velarion died in infancy.

While Gael took his own life.

An unfortunate set of circumstances for the king that leaves him with no obvious heir. His only living child is all but a little girl. With time, Jaenys grows older but is still a child. She's blacklisted by most of her family. None of them really like her, for they don't see her as a true Targaryen.

Underneath her silver hair, lays a single strand of brown, marking her as a Stark, as well as a Targaryen

Underneath her silver hair, lays a single strand of brown, marking her as a Stark, as well as a Targaryen. Her blood is something that will never be forgotten, for it makes her a bastard of the North, one who will never be accepted by the blood of Old Valyria.

Nonetheless, she still has the blood of a dragon rider. Her dragon was born to her, in a dark purple egg and sprouted out scales of bright blue. And the princess picks a name befitting her Northern heritage.