Seth Learns how to chill out [Seth/Reader]

Seth/Assassin! Gender-Neutral! Reader

Requested by Anon over on Tumblr

Rage, complete and utter rage filled every fiber of the robot's being

Rage, complete and utter rage filled every fiber of the robot's being. Its very core blinded on taking revenge, no matter who stood in its way. Many have tried to take it down and many have failed.

Until you got involved.

One of the best in your organization, you took on the mission with only one task: Kill it. Simple enough, you killed many things, cheating spouses, rich CEOs, and even world leaders. Though this would've been the first robot you have assassinated.

Keyword: "would've"

You foolishly allowed yourself to get caught within its trap and were forced to fight it in hand combat. Despite the disadvantage, you came out vigorous. Standing over the robot, you pulled your weapon just above it. Its eyes stared intensely at you, a certain look in its eyes you have seen perhaps thousands of times before.

Fear.

You hesitated - not only did you hesitate, but you also allowed it to live - you even befriended the robot, and you learned of its name: Seth.

Your organization allowed this to happen but not without a catch. You have to get Seth back to a stable state within a year. If not then they'll be killed and you'll be kicked out of the organization.

Wanting neither of those, you have been slowly trying to uncorrupt their code, while also showing them healthier coping mechanisms. Even if most don't really seem to click for Seth. And the one you are showing them right now seems to be more idiotic than the others.

"It's called mediation," You explained, Seth gave you an odd look in response. "Looks dumb," Seth finally said, still keeping their eyes on you.

"Probably is,"

"But it helps keep my mind clear before missions, might help you with all your 'internal rage'." You say the last part in a teasing way, mocking the higher-ups that said that to both of you.

Seth grumbles something, most likely rude sayings, before sighing. "How does it work?"

Well, you breathe in," You, yourself, breathe in as well, holding it in. "Then breathe out," You release a small breath of relief, the small burning in your chest gone. Silence filled the room, Seth's expression becoming more confused.

"... And?"

"That's it basically,"

"What a mindless exercise," Seth groans, pinching the bridge of their nose "No way I would be caught doing something so dense." Seth sat down on the chair, watching you.

"Well that's fine too I guess," You lean back, "Not my life that's at risk here," Seth sent a nasty glare toward you, nostrils flaring up. You definitely knew you were playing with fire at this point, but you weren't too worried. You already knew Seth had a soft spot towards you - despite denying it a hundred times over.

With a sly smirk, you pat the ground next to you. "Come on Sethy-boy, come join me," A mocking tone laced your voice.

After a few moments, Seth groans again, taking a seat next to you. "If you tell anyone about this, I'll kill you," You just smiled. "Of course,"

It's been unclear how long the two stayed like that, but it was long enough to the point you felt your legs turn to static and the warm sun transformed into the cold moon. You got up, quietly to allow Seth to continue (who, despite arguing against it, seems to enjoy meditating.) and got yourself a glass of water. But just as you go to take a sip of your cup, you heard the familiar feminine voice break the silence of the room.

You mumbled a swear under your breath.

You were able to shut down their more complex combat moves, but they still felt the need to fight anything they believed to be behind Bison. Calmly walking back to your friend, you sit behind them, stroking their hair.

"Don't ignore it," Your voice was gruff as you spoke, making sure they could hear you through their internal systems. "Acknowledge it, then let it pass,"

Their breathing, after a short while, returned to normal, and Seth opened their eyes. "Can I be done now," Seth's voice sounded tired if that was possible for them. You just smiled "Yeah, you did good,"

The room was a bit tense and quiet. Till you broke the silence.

"You know I heard yoga does wonders to the-"

 "Pass."

756 Words

756 Words