b o n u s (alternative, not part of main story)

A/N: This is a bonus that is not part of the main story...more so an alternative chapter ig. I wanted to give y/n's neighbour a proper chapter, a proper second chance at life so enjoy this quick chapter of y/n and the neighbour (will be referred to as h/n from now on) and their life.

♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎

"Babe! We're going to be late!" He hollered up at you from the bottom of the stairs.

"Okay okay, I'll be right down!" You replied as you adjusted your pearl hair clip.

Today you were getting married. There wasn't going to be any big fancy wedding, just a little ceremony down at the court house so you had to make sure you looked good.

With one final look in the mirror, you left the room and went to meet h/n downstairs. He watched you approach, eyes going down your body. "You look incredible."

You smiled but before you could reply, the part of the bannister you were holding onto came off and if it weren't for the fact that you were on the bottom step, you would fallen. You have h/n a pointed look.

"I'm sorry, I'll fix that," he said with a wince, moving the broken part out of the way.

You both recently bought your dream house but it needed a lot of work and instead of hiring a contractor, h/n was adamant about doing it himself. That meant door knobs that fell off, lights that wouldn't turn on, and a shower that sprayed water everywhere. 

He gestured to your clip as he opened the front door. "I like it."

You warmed at the memory of how he often said that to you when you first met. "Thank you. I feel like I'm going to throw up."

"I feel unstoppable because I'm about to marry the love of my life."

"You got time to back out," you offered, half kidding half not, moving forward to adjust his tie.

He looked at you, eyes going serious. "The only thing I want in life is to wake up every morning with you by my side."

"Okay okay. I want that too. The next time we walk back in this house, we'll be husband and wife."

He smiled, grabbing your hands in his. "Husband and wife. I like that too."

♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎

It was time for your vows. H/N pulled a paper from his pocket. "Before I met you, I feel like I was cruising by in life. I never really thought about anything more than the present but after meeting you, all I think about is a future with you. You made my world colourful, instead of the bleak mess I knew it as. I can't wait to grow old by your side, talking about all the memories we created."

By the end of his vows, both of you had tears going down your face. Then all too soon, it was your turn. You didn't need a paper as you had yours memorized:

My life before you was meaningless, an empty void waiting to be filled. I wasted my time chasing around the person who I thought would be the one and then you randomly showed up and you knocked on my door. At first, I thought you had the wrong address because no way someone like you would ever approach someone like me. Then, with one conversation, you made me see myself. You helped me heal the child within me and there's no way I could ever repay you for that. I can't believe I get to call you my husband for the rest of my life. Thank you for knocking on my door.

"I'll knock your door a million times," he whispered as he wiped a tear from your cheek.

"Do you, H/N, take Y/N as your wife?" The officiant asked as you stood in front of her, holding each other's hands.

"I do," h/n answered as he slid the ring on your finger.

The officiant turned to you. "Do you, Y/N, take H/N as your husband?"

You looked at h/n as he looked at you, clammy hands clutching onto yours tightly. He was it — He was what you wanted for the rest of your life. "I do." You slid his ring on his finger and then tapped it three times before you let go. I love you.

"With the power vested in me, I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride."

Your lips pressed together in a kiss that felt way too heated to do in front of other people but you found yourself not caring. Your heartbeats synchronized together as h/n pulled your body close against his, as if he couldn't bare to be apart from you. He tasted like sunshine and you wanted, no, needed more.

The officiant cleared her throat and you sheepishly pulled apart, embarrassed you had gotten so carried away. "Congratulations on your union. Now, go enjoy the rest of your lives together."

♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎

You clutched your light cardigan tight as you walked barefoot along the Hawaiian shore, waves kissing the sand as the wind howled in your ears. After your wedding, you went back home to pack for a trip h/n had secretly booked.

Speaking of, he was asleep but you snuck out right at sunrise so you could get this little small moment to yourself.

Good job, y/n. You congratulated yourself from coming out behind your own shadow. You could blame him for a lot of things but ultimately, you were in control of your life this entire time and thus had to shoulder some of the blame.

It was a tough pill to swallow — realizing that you could've moved on a long time ago but you've gotten so comfortable that you stopped taking risks and discovering who you truly were.

You twisted your ring as you silently mourned for the person who you used to be. You were glad she was gone but she used to be your weighted blanket, your rock, your shield against the world. But it was time for her to go.

You glanced at your ring — you genuinely couldn't believe you were married to your best friend — that he was yours as much as you were his. It all felt like a pinch me moment, a dream that you would soon wake up from.

"Who knew that I would end up marrying the weird guy who knocked on my door to tell me about renovations?" You teased out loud to yourself.

"I knew," h/n said suddenly said from behind you. He took a seat right next to you, dusted his hands off and wrapped an arm around your shoulder, drawing you into him. "I knew the moment you opened that door that I would marry you."

"Yeah right," you scoffed as you snuggled closer. "How did you know that just by looking at me?"

"This might sound cheesy but it felt like I got punched in the gut. The world started spinning fast and everything was confusing and the only thing that made sense was you."

You smiled to yourself as you both sat there, watching the golden sun rise to greet the world. Right now, at this very moment, everything felt right.

"I like this," you sighed.

"Hey! That's my line."

"What's mine is yours," you shot back, hiding your smile.

He laughed. "I like that. See? That's how you do it."

The End.