Chapter 2: The Ambush

During just two days of traveling to gather Y/n and Ashitaka, and Yakul of course, the boys had become closer. 

Ashitaka had Learned that Y/n too was cursed, with a deadly disease affecting those around him however it only affected him at night and its why he wore the mask and Bandana, Ashitaka also took notice that at night, Y/n's red markings turned a luminescent blue that must be a sign of the curse he spoke of...

The boys peacefully walk along a mountain path coming across a burning Village with hundreds of people fighting and yelling.

"A battle?" Y/n asked. "No. A massacre." Ashitaka corrected. 

The armed soldiers attacked the unarmed villagers when one shouted out.

"Look! Up there, on the hill!" "Warriors!" "Good! The barbarian's head is mine!"

Some of the soldiers began to aim toward Y/n and Ashitaka as they began to run.

A soldier ahead of them was beating an innocent woman with his spear.  "You! Stop!" Ashitaka called out arming his bow, "Ashitaka is your arm alright?" Y/n asked. 

"My arm! What's to me?" Ashitaka's arm was moving on its own bending like crazy as if it had no bones. Ashitaka apparently let his arrow fly, it cut through bones and flesh, cutting the soldier's arms off. 

"Stop them!" Yelled one of the Soldiers

"Let us pass!" Ashitaka called out. Y/n had taken a Spear from a Soldier, two horsemen were headed toward Y/n and Ashitaka. Y/n threw the spear at one of the men piercing the man's head off, so the boys could escape the massacre.  

Ashitaka's mark was getting bigger, he was letting a small cold stream of water run in hopes to slow the curse.

Y/n sat in the corner with Yakul before speaking, "Hey, do you have any rope?" Ashitaka nods. 

"Do you think you can help me make one of those necklace dagger things?" Y/n asked, Ashitaka nods before turning to Y/n who is fiddling with a small pointed crystal, smiling softly this caused something to pop into Ashitaka's mind "A Partner?" Ashitaka asked chuckling, Y/n's face becoming a slight red hue. 

"Why you-" Y/n started only causing Ashitaka to Chuckle more.