Chapter 1: The Hidden Village of the Emishi People

In times, the land lay in forests, where, from ages long past, dwelt the of the gods. Back then, man and beast lived in harmony, but as time went by, most of the were destroyed. Those that were guarded by beasts... who owed allegiance to the Spirit of the Forest, for were the days of gods and demons.

A Boy runs along a path with his Serow (Giant Deer-Goat, basically a red elk).

"Yakul! Come on, boy." The Boy says hoping on to Yakul When three girls approach him.

" The Boy says hoping on to Yakul When three girls approach him

"Girls!" "Ashitaka!"

"There's something strange going on. You have to hurry. The wise woman wants everyone back to the village at once." Ashitaka said

"We just came from Ji-san." Said One of the girls. "Did he see something?" Ashitaka asks.

"Yes, in the forest." "Something's wrong, the birds have gone. "The animals too." The girls informed him.

"I'll go to the watchtower and check with Ji-san. You three hurry back home and be quick about it." Said Ashitaka. The Girls nodded and headed back to the village. Ashitaka and Yakul headed for the watch tower.

Ashitaka started to climb the watch tower when he spotted something in the forest.

"Huh? Something's there." He muttered before climbing up the rest of the tower.

"Ji-san, did you see it too?" Ashitaka asks the old man. "I did, It isn't human," Ji-san replied.

"There. Look." Ji-san pointed to something emerging from the forest, Ashitaka began to load his bow "It's some kind of demon!"

" Ji-san pointed to something emerging from the forest, Ashitaka began to load his bow "It's some kind of demon!"

The demon burst out of the forest breaking the stone wall.

'A demon?' Ashitaka was shocked, what was a demon doing here?