Chapter 14

Chapter 14

The first thing I noticed when I woke up was the pain. It was everywhere. Soon after that, I noticed the pressure and how hard it was for me to breathe. I soon realized this was due to the boy on top of me, and the amount of rubble on top of him.

                “Zach”. I coughed. The air was filled with debris and my voice sounded raspy and unfamiliar.  I tried to move my arms but they were trapped.

                “Zach! Wake up”

                When he didn’t budge, I started panicking. Zach could bear this, right? He was strong! He had to be alright!

                “Zach, please! Zach!”

                Suddenly, I felt his warm breath as he started coughing. He was okay. I had never felt to relieved in my life.

                “Cam, are you okay? Everything happened so fast, I… I thought I’d lose you again…”

                I froze when I felt a tear drop on my cheek. Zach was crying? I blushed and looked away, as best as I could anyway with so many things on top of me.

                “I was scared too.”

                Zach sighed and started moving. I suddenly felt lighter and realized he had managed to push most of the rubble away. I sat up and turned to look at him. His face was dirt streaked and his hair was sticking up in all directions. Seeing this, I suddenly became hysteric and laughed.

                “What?”

                “Your hair!”

                Zach rolled his eyes and tried to stand up using his arm as a support but winced and fell again. The laughter died out of me.

                “What’s wrong!”

                “Nothing. I just think I broke my arm.”

                “Oh, let me see.”

                I stood up and took his arm. It looked bruised and I seriously doubted it was alright. And it was all my fault…

                “Cam, there’s no time for that, let’s find Macey.”

                Macey! I felt terrible for forgetting about her until I heard her voice,

                “No need for that pretty boy. I’m here.”

                I turned around and looked at Macey. She was completely gray from all the dust and had that silly post it still on her head.  Remembering what we were originally here for, I took it and read it,

                “Are you still alive? Good to know. The game gets harder from here on. The boy you once saw and his pink lady we’ve got. 9 days left, don’t waste them all.

                                                                              The Circle.

                “Zach….They have Josh.”

                I turned to look at Zach and saw he had a skeptical look on his face.