Ffs Alex.

"Dramatic? Right - you know what - I've had it! With all of you! Selfish. That's what you are. You don't care that I'm pregnant. I have needs. Needs. I'm going to bed. Do not follow me, I can't even look at you."

With that she was gone, leaving me sat on the sofa speechless.

— — — —

"God, I actually was such a psycho that night." Leah cringed.
"I have never been as shocked as I was when I came upstairs that night." I chuckled.
"Stop! My moods were so erratic, I couldn't help it." She shook her head playfully.

Flashback:

I stayed downstairs for as long as I could, hoping that Leah would be asleep by the time I had went up. The minute I wake up I'll go get her more squashies. It didn't take me long to get ready for bed, climbing in beside her and turning to face the wall, knowing if she woke up and wanted to cuddle she could just move over slightly and put her arms around me from behind.

Much to my surprise, Leah immediately moved closer, wrapping her arm over my waist and drawing circles on my stomach, not even trying to be discreet as she pushed my top up to expose my skin.

I am so confused.

"You okay, Le?" I whispered.
"Fuck me."
"What have I done now?"
"No - not fuck me. Fuck me."
"Like - now?"
"Yes now, hurry up. I want you."
"I thought you were mad at me?"

She didn't respond, just sat up and began pulling her clothes off.

"Why're you looking at me like that?"
"Like what, Le?"
"Like you're confused? What're you confused about?"

Think carefully, Alex.

"I'm not confused, here let me help you."

I was confused, but it appeared Leah had moved onto a different emotion after her angry outburst, so I went with it.

— — — —

Leah's laughter as we recalled the story was echoing through the car, the smile on her face causing an eruption of butterflies in my stomach. Even after all of these years.

"You were actually so in the zone too when I started crying."
"Le, I was actually so confused that whole night!" I chuckled harder.

Flashback:

"Don't stop." She mumbled, putting her hand over her mouth to stifle the noises she was making as the kids slept in the next room.

Like I'd even dream of it.

"I really wanted those sweets."

Is she crying?

"Le? Are you - Le! What's wrong?"

I suddenly stopped, bringing myself back up to the pillows and wrapping her into my arms. She began to sob, and I mean sob.

"I just - I really want them, Al."

I had to bite my lip to suppress my own laughter.

"How about I go get you some?"
"It's the middle of the night." She cried.
"That's fine, the 24 hour garage will be open. You stay here, okay? I'll be back soon."
"Yeah, thank you." She sniffled.

As I drove to the shop, I couldn't help but giggle at the experience I had just had, that night really had been a complete mix of emotions. The first shop I went to had none, so I drove for an extra 10 miles to the next shop, asking the girl behind the night hatch to give me all the stock she had. I drove home quickly, the seat beside me filled with £38 worth of squashies, opening the door quietly so I didn't wake the kids and placing the sweets into a different part of the kitchen so we wouldn't have a repeat of this another night. I kept one packet to the side, heading back upstairs to Leah.

"I got you - are you? Oh for fuck sake." I whispered, unable to stop myself from smiling at the sight.

Leah was sprawled across the bed, fast asleep, without a concern in the world for the sweets that she had been crying over just 45 minutes ago. I set them on the table beside her, climbing into bed and wrapping my arms around her as best I could with her growing baby bump in the way.

"Night, Le. I love you." I whispered.

Nothing. Fast asleep.

— — — —

"How did you not kill me that night?" She sighed.
"I considered it." I nodded.
"Honestly, I think they'd have let you off in court."
"I don't think they would've believed it, Le." I chuckled as I pulled into the hospital car park.
"Here goes." She exhaled.
"I love you." I whispered, squeezing her hand.
"I love you, Al." She smiled.

Baby number four would be here soon.