"Sure? Whatever use of it to you."

Right at that moment, a bus stopped in front of them. They entered as Callie ended the call.

As she sat, she heaved a sigh. She never thought she'd have to leave her world again after returning just a few minutes ago. But she knew that every second counts. Especially since Voldemort never saw any dead body. He must be on a hunt for them right that very time.

She missed this place. The smell of the air, the chatters of the old folks inside the bus, her sister, her best friend, and most especially, her parents. Speaking of them, Callie made a promise to her sister.

Her fingers hovered above the numbers tempting her to tap them and dial her mother's number. But she was scared. She was scared that she wouldn't dare go elsewhere once she heard their voices. That she wouldn't be able to handle hearing their voices when she was about to go away again without assurance she'd be able to come back.

But on the flip side, she was yearning for the comfort of their voices. For them to tell her it would all be over.

"Do it," Regulus pushed her with his low voice. "Call them."

Somehow he knew who she was about to call.

Well, it was a bit obvious. Her thumbs were shaking, she kept swallowing, and the promise she made with her sister earlier.

"Should I?"

"You should."

"But I...." She couldn't tell him her reasons. Somehow she couldn't put them into words even though her mind knew exactly why. "Reg, I don't know."

"I'm telling you, you should. I'm sure they miss their brilliant daughter. They should at least know you're safe even if they couldn't see it."

He had a point. A whole lot of points. They deserved to know that their daughter was safe after a long time of not seeing her.

So she nodded. "Okay. Okay, I will." She looked back at the phone again and heaved a heavy sigh audible to the nearby seats beside her. She dropped every thought and called her mother.

It rang.

It kept ringing forever even though it had only rang for a few seconds.

And with every ring, her heart beat faster.

"Yes, dear?"

Her heart sank like a boat made up of the lightest material. The voice of her mum melted every bone in her body. She couldn't find her voice anywhere in her core. The wind blowing to her face must have taken her voice with it.

"Bria? Is something wrong?"

"Who's that, honey?" Callie heard her father on the other line making her swallow again and forcing water out of her eyes.

"Bria; she called. But she's not speaking. Bria? We're on our way back."

"M-mum?"

Silence. A few seconds of silence between them.

"Callie? Callie is that you?"

"Callie? Callie's calling?"

"Yes," her voice strained so she cleared her throat. "Yes, Mum, Dad, it's me."

"Oh, god. Hi! Hi sweety, hi."

Guilty was not enough to define the weight pulling Callie's heart down.

"My Callie," her dad cried on the other line. "Oh, my Callie."