ii - together

"Caledonia Sinclair, correct?" Remus asked, wanting to confirm if he remembered her name correctly. 

Callie nodded a yes as she adjusted herself on the sofa. "But Callie is fine." She’s more used to being called by her nickname rather than her full name.

The five of them sat in a circle in front of the fireplace. She, with Remus, was on the other end of the sofa, James and Peter were sitting on the ground and Sirius was on a bean bag on her left. It was only them in the common room — luckily — as everyone was in their class. Callie was worried that they were skipping classes just to hear what kind of help she needed. But they brushed her worry off saying it's just one class.

"What kind of help do you need from us?" asked Remus to carry on their conversation.

Callie took a deep breath and assessed her thoughts once again before speaking. Her finger brushed through the strands of her chestnut hair as though they were rummaging through the drawer in his head.

"You do know that Voldemort is rising now, right?" They nodded their heads. Peter had mentioned the year they were in. I allowed her to plan a timeline on how to destroy the evil wizard. 

"I have a plan on bringing him down." It earned a few raised brows. "I need your help executing that plan."

Silence.

The Marauders looked at each other and exchanged wary looks. Once again, they were talking through telepathy even if it wasn't possible. They just knew each other very well that by merely looking at one other, they would know what one of them was thinking. And they were all thinking, “How can this girl think she can defeat He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named when every wizard in their world hadn’t?” They hadn’t even seen Dumbledore take such a big step against the tyrant wizard.

Callie noticed their doubt. But she needed their help. She needed to convince them and help her. But with those looks on their faces, she knew they would just turn her down. And she couldn’t let that happen. "Do you want to know what's supposed to happen?" she asked carefully as though walking on shards of glass.

She needed to do everything to convince them. Even if it meant laying down the casualty list. 

Once again, the four exchanged wary looks before nodding. They might have tried a few divination activities where they tried to look into the future during classes, but they would like to know from her lips what she knew about their distant tomorrow. 

Callie had expected the answer. Even she, herself, would jump at the opportunity to know what would happen to her future. But having it coming from them made her stomach twist. "Okay, well, uh, umm… Where should I start?” She cleared her throat. “First you will be recruited to join the Order of the Phoenix, a secret organisation led by Dumbledore to fight against Voldemort. Two..." Callie halted for a moment, looking at Sirius, unsure whether to reveal the next information to him.

Sirius stared back, trying to decipher by just looking into her eyes what her next words were. But he failed to do so. "Spill it," he said, unaware of the gravity of what she had to say.

Callie let out a shaky breath. She pushed down the lump in her throat, however the said lump still wanted to get out of her mouth as her stomach churned around. "Your brother… Regulus..."

The mention of his brother perked up his attention. He didn't expect that his dear, perfect little brother would be involved. He knew of his admiration for Voldemort but by the tone of the girl's voice, he knew something even grave would happen. His heart raced at the sudden thought.

"He may already be or will be a… Death Eater…soon." This might be a bomb as powerful if not more than nuclear bombs and she just dropped it right on his face.