Chapter 62

A few weeks later, it's mid-afternoon on the Sunday before Fourth of July and I'm currently sitting on my porch, enjoying the view of Wesley as he cleans up the ever growing collection of weeds that have accumulated with the rain we've gotten thro...

A few weeks later, it's mid-afternoon on the Sunday before Fourth of July and I'm currently sitting on my porch, enjoying the view of Wesley as he cleans up the ever growing collection of weeds that have accumulated with the rain we've gotten through the past week and a half around the house and barn.

He's been patient while I've worked out my feelings for my mom and was happy for me when I decided I would start trying to talk with her again. He's been sticking close the past couple weeks, probably having picked up that something other than my mother is bothering me, but I'm not ready to get into the potential downfall of our relationship by telling him about the whole maybe not wanting kids thing.

My mom and I have been texting a little bit here and there, like we first did at the beginning of the year, but I haven't felt ready to really open up to her. I feel like she's been wanting to push for more from me and that makes me nervous since our relationship has never been great.

I shake my head to clear away the negativity starting to creep in and focus on my shirtless boyfriend with dirty light washed jeans hugging his ass as he squats in a collection of weeds. My hands stretch out to hang between my bare thighs, letting my glass of lemonade sway slightly from the movement. I'm wearing medium washed jean shorts and a faded red tie-dye Carhartt t-shirt of Wesley's I've turned into a loose racerback top for me that my white racerback sports bra with a strappy back peeks out of since changing after lunch

"Liking the view?" Wesley asks. His hands rests on his hips, index fingers slipping through the front belt loops.

"Always, baby," I smile. "Although, you're gonna have to put a shirt on when the girls get here."

That's right, Dylan and Sierra are finally arriving for their visit today and are going to be here for a week. They're going to get a full ranch life experience while they're here and are probably going to hate me for pushing them to keep up with us.

I can't wait to watch them get their hands dirty when I have them mucking out stalls tomorrow morning.

"Worried your friends are gonna drool over me?"

"They already do."

He closes the distance between us, stopping at the bottom of the steps while I'm sitting on the second to the top step, my feet resting on the bottom step. "As they should," he smirks.

"Nice," I giggle. My eyes roam over his naked upper half, the sprinkling of hair trailing from the waistband of his jeans to spread across his chest before I meet his eyes.

He catches me nibbling on my bottom lip, a glint appearing in his eyes. "You're thinking dirty thoughts, aren't you?"

I shake my head, setting the glass between my bare feet.

"So why'd you put down your glass?"

"You don't miss a thing, do you?"

He bends over to place his hands on the step beside me, dipping his head to rub his nose along my neck. "With you? Not a chance." His mouth kisses along my jawline before he captures my lips in a needy kiss, his tongue pushing into my mouth to tangle with mine.