"I doubt Father would do such a thing. He's too cope with work anyways, so I think a fetus will only distract him from work" I said.

"James" She called with full seriousness.

I can't help but to listen to whatever she's going to say.

"If your father asks you if you want the company tell him you want it. Don't lose such opportunity James, who knows your father may later find someone to love and make a new heir with...as much as I know that man well, I always have trouble reading what's going on in his mind"

───────────────────
AUBREON
───────────────────

Clad in one of my spare clothes that I purposely left at Sage's place. I went out of her bedroom after throwing our dirty clothes, that I picked up from the floor, in the laundry basket located in her bathroom.

I could already see her cooking us dinner, the smell of sizzling white onions filled my nostrils and it suddenly make me hungrier than I ever was.

We had a blast the entire afternoon, too hot to bother listening to our hungry stomachs. It amazes me how Sage still has energy after our long and exhausting lovemaking. We went all out and filled the longing we had from being apart for too long. 

A large grin automatically made its way to my mouth as the atmosphere lingers around us. It feels so heavenly that it almost feels like we're a married couple living in a simple but loving home, far away from unwanted troubles.

As soon as I arrived where she was, I slipped both of my arms around her waist despite her telling me to remove them because it distracts her from her cooking.

"This feels nice" I stammer. I couldn't help but to bury my face in her neck, a habit of mine.

"I can't cook with you leeching me" she complained, trying to push my arms away as she attempted to reach the cabinet. I was persistent in my hold that she no longer has the free will from moving.

"I should have stayed with Caspain" she whispered. I know it came from her thoughts and Sage always has these tiny incidents where she speaks her thoughts out loud. "I cook in peace over there" she added to make me not misunderstand.

"So you're staying with a man?" I cannot believe what I just heard from Sage. She seem surprised for a moment and she sigh after realizing that she unknowingly said her thoughts out loud.

"Yes Reon, and don't exaggerate, nothing happened"

"A man Sage" I pointed out with full disbelief" Do you have any idea what can happen between a man and a woman alone in an apartment without anyone's awareness?"

She's taking this too lightly. 

"You make me sound like I would cheat as soon as I'm all alone with a man, Reon" She chimed, still chopping onions on the kitchen counter. My heart clenches due to the way she did not bother to face me just a moment after throwing a bomb of information. 

"I'm not implying that you're a cheater. I'm saying that anything can happen to a man. You don't know what a man thinks so you wouldn't know how capable they are to do something even a taken individual such as yourself wouldn't be able to refuse"

"Is that base from your experience?" I could hear the slight discomfort in her voice after I said what I said.

It would be a lie if I told her no because I've been through many gatherings to know that a man can persuade taken individuals whether they may be a man or a woman. By experience, I mean from Maximus. I can't count with my hands how much Maximus slid his way to a married woman's pants. He did it too much that it's taken a toll on my views in life.     

My lack of response made Sage think the worst. Still, I was delighted to have given her a miscommunication because now she was facing my direction.

"Yes"

"Was it before we were together?" She faced me head-on, our noses are only centimeters apart. Her dominant brown orbs gaze at my soul. Reaping me naked under her beautiful eyes.

With just a little push, I could touch her lips with mine.

I didn't respond. She looked so betrayed yet gorgeous. Teasing her like this isn't as bad as I thought.

"I don't care about your relationships before we were together. But if you cheated during of our relationship then I won't take it lightly Reon" She was dead serious. It's hot.

"Why aren't you responding?" She slap my chest due to her annoyance. I chuckled.

"Because you look hot when you're annoyed" She rolled her eyes at me.

"Did you cheat?" She whispered, resting her head on my chest as I let her hear the loud beating of my heart.

"Would I ever cheat if my heart beats loudly for you like this?"

"Don't answer my question with another question" she rested her arms around the side of my hips, listening to my heartbeat. I know she was blushing underneath.

"Sage. You're the only one in my heart" I confessed.  Reassuring her that I wouldn't do such a thing as cheating.

Sage is everything I wanted. I'm a loyal man that even if I was married to someone I do not love, I never once thought of cheating. It never occurred to me that I can f*ck with anyone during my loveless marriage with Angelica. Until I found Sage. If it weren't for my public image I would have filed a divorce and marry Sage.

What I want is to marry Sage and start a family with her but under so many circumstances, I just couldn't. For now at least. I plan to drop everything as soon as everything is settled with the organization and with my company. All I need is to find my replacement and to persuade Athelo to take over the company.

After that, I'll move with Sage far away from the city and to the rural and live the rest of my life with her in my arms.

"Never doubt my love for you Sage" You just don't know how you completely have me in your finger. At some point, you're like a god to me, a deity that I will worship skin deep. My world rotates around you and heaven knows what would be the left of me if you leave me. I won't let you leave me, Sage. Over my dead soul will I accept of not owning you.

My obsessive thoughts creatively flow as I stared, bewildered at Sage who's unaware of how dark I can become when it comes to her. 

"Then stop doubting mine Reon" was her response.

"I can't help it. Do you have any idea how valuable you are? Everyone can see it and everyone would love to hold it" My hands slid inside her shirt, touching the skin on the side of her waist as I stroke the tiny area with circles from my thump. The intimate action made her to finally look back at me.

"I love you so much Sage" I said with full sincerity and passion, hoping to fish out the same love from her.

"I love you too"

"Prove it"