Penalty

"Keep your voice down.. " Natasha whispered to Yash, who was silently following her behind.

"I still can't believe it, how can it be.. " Yash whispered back to her.

"I.. " She was saying but stopped as both of them reached their desired destination.

Natasha slowly took out her gun and pulled the trigger, tip toeing to the man who was standing there, in front of her , with a heavy bag.

"Don't do it.. " She said and The man turned around.

"You found it.. " Ishan said.

"I told you a lot of times, please don't do it.. But you still are here.. " Natasha said , still pointing her gun at Ishan.

"And you are also here.. " Ishan said and smiled.

"I told you, I won't think who you are to me, if we come at this point.. " She said and a tear crept out of her eyes.

"I am sorry, but I have started to walk this path.. I need to finish it.. " Ishan said and threw a bottle out of his bag.

The soon the bottle came in touch of the ground, smoke surrounded everywhere and there was nothing to be seen clearly.

Natasha put her hands on her mouth and walked more towards the source of the smoke, but she still wasn't able to see it.
Suddenly she was pulled by a hand, to the other side.

"Don't do it Natasha, I know it hurts you" Yash said , still holding her hand.

"I.. Things have to take place, how they are meant to" Natasha said and removed his hand.

"Natasha, listen to me.. I am here.. I will do it for you.. " Yash said and held her hand  again, " Come to me, I will give you the happiness you deserve.. "

Natasha just looked at the guy standing in front of her, blankly.

"There's nothing to be given to me, and there's nothing in me, that can be given to anyone.. " Natasha said and stepped backwards to remove the Closeness between her and Yash.

Yash sighed and took his gun out.

"I will still do it for you" He said and pulled the trigger.

"That's not what is written" Natasha said and again started running to the other destination, after the smoke faded.

The crowd was heavy and people were busy buying and selling things. They were celebrating the holiday arrival with their families, by shopping and eating out.

Natasha put her hand on the gun, in her bag, that was hanging on her shoulder, while walking through the crowd. Yash followed her the same way.

Her eyes were scanning every corner of the market..

"It's the best place for him to achieve his target.. " Natasha said and Yash scoffed behind her.

Her eyes caught what they wanted to see.
The familiar figure, with whom she woke up every morning, with whom she played around like a child, with whom she saw her future..
The person whom she never wanted to see in this place ever again..
But who was able to deceive the destiny?

Ishaan was standing in the middle of the crowd. He pulled out a gun from his waist band and then shot it in the sky, scaring every person there.

"Anyone moves, he will be the next.. " He shouted and silence reigned the whole market.

He took out another gun with his other hand and then pointed to his other side.

"Well well, this seems so calm" He smirked and pulled the trigger.

"Wait, Ishaan" Natasha yelled and came out from the crowd, with her gun.

"Here we are again" He said and smiled at her.

Yash followed Natasha and came out of the crowd, with his gun.

The people were watching everything silently, children hiding behind their mothers and Fathers, young couples and elders, everyone were present there. The bags filled with goods and foods and different clothes, were all shattered on the ground.. The only possession that mattered right now, to people was life.

"I.. " Natasha was speaking but her voice cracked.

"I told you, I can't go back" Ishaan said and pointed his one gun at Natasha, while the other still pointing at the crowd.

"And I told you, please come back.. But you didn't.. " She said and stepped forward.

"Don't do this, don't do this to me, don't do this to you, don't do this to us.. " He smiled.

"I didn't do anything, it was you" She said and one tear escaped her eye.

"You don't want it.. " Ishaan said and a tear escaped his eyes too.

"I didn't wanted you to be here too, but you are.. " She smiled at him.

Yash clenched his hands around his gun, as he saw everything with his dry eyes, who were wanting to rain, but didn't

"You know that, I can't do this too.. But.. " Ishaan was saying but Natasha interrupted him.

"But we are forbidden.. We can't.. And now, I won't let you do it too.. " She stepped forward again.

Ishaan also walked towards her.

Natasha also walked towards him, and now both of them were pointing their guns at each other's chest.

"I still love you, but I can't go back.. To who I was.. To who we were.. " Ishaan said.

"I still love you, and you don't want it.. " Natasha said.

"This might be the last time, we are walking to each other.. " Ishaan said and pulled the trigger.

"Just like the first time.. " Natasha said and pulled the trigger.

"I can't do this.. " Ishaan said and dropped the gun on the ground.

"And I have to do this.. " Natasha said with a smile on her face, a smile that showed the thunder in her heart.

"And If you don't, then I will do the thing I was meant to and.. " Ishaan was saying she interrupted him.

"And this Is your penalty, for betraying our Nation.. " She said and fired the gun .

The sound of gun echoed everywhere and people flinched and got down.

Ishaan fell down on the ground, and Natasha fell down on her knees. Tears falling out and her lips curled up in a smile.

"And this is my Penalty for, loving you.. And for doing what my work asks for.. " She said and put the gun on her head, "I will still love you" She said and shot the gun.

Once again, the sound echoed, but no one flinched. Everyone was shocked.

"Natasha..!! " Yash screamed but that didn't helped. She was already gone.

Both of them, Ishaan and Natasha, closed their eyes slowly, looking at each other, with smile.

Yash ran towards Natasha and put her hand on his lap, he felt his heart drowning in the Pacific Ocean where he can't even swim.

"Today, at the central market, a big tragedy was escaped as a terrorist was stopped for putting the bomb in between the crowd. Our one officer, was also murdered in this mission .. " The news flashed on everyone's Televisions and people let out deep breaths by thinking that their are still officers who would do anything for keeping the world safe.

Yash stood in front of the pond, as he saw the sun melt down , leaving the world behind, leaving the memories and the love it gave to everyone, leaving the brightness, going to the ultimate escape where, where souls meet.