Chapter 7: The Winter Solstice

BoBoiBoy (c) Monsta

Halcyon Days (c) Roux Marlet

(Grown-up Characters, Alternate Reality from Canon)

-The author gained no material profit from this work of fiction-

Inspired by a fan video created by boboiboygelap (IG)

with the song "My Goodbye" from EPIC The Musical by Jorge Rivera-Herrans

.

halcyon days /ˌhæ .ən ˈdeɪz/

[a very happy or successful period in the past; are actually the 14 days around the winter solstice]

.

For #BBBFangBirthMonth2023

[Day 29: Back]

.

.

.

.

.

[Chapter 7: The Winter Solstice]

.

.

.

.

.

"My name is Gopal. Your good friend."

Solar looked up from his breakfast in the dining room as a tanned hand was extended to him. The young Indian man in front of him was speaking in English. Solar had been eating and reading, so he didn't immediately realize someone else had walked in.

"I'm Solar." He grasped the older man's hand briefly, and Solar shifted his book and seat as Gopal brought in his breakfast of fried rice.

"That's all you eat?" joked Gopal, openly eyeing the contents of Solar's plate, which was about a quarter of his own mountainous portion.

"I have no appetite."

Next thing he knew, Gopal was patting Solar hard on the back with his broad palm. "Don't be like that. When will you get fat if you don't have an appetite?"

Solar winced in annoyance. What the hell was this guy doing? Hadn't they just met? What did he know about Solar...?

And... that hard pat on the back had brought back the memory of his wound. Solar stood up and closed his book rudely while Gopal started eating quietly.

"Haiyaa! Gopal! Is it really your business to mind whether people want to eat a little or a lot?!" said a girl's voice, also in a strange accented English. Solar saw a small, two-tailed, narrow-eyed girl with round glasses enter the room. She was probably Solar's age, fourteen, or a little younger.

"Is everyone like you, all you do is eat?" the girl continued, taking Solar's hand nonchalantly. "Never mind what he said. I'm Ying. What's your name?"

"Solar."

"Nice to meet you, Solar! Have you met Yaya? She's from the same country as you. I haven't seen her this morning."

Solar was having a hard time following Ying's rocket-propelled monologue, not to mention her accent, which was clearly not that of a native English speaker. He just shook his head, grabbed his plate, and walked away.

"Solar?" Ying muttered in confusion, while Gopal continued to chew and observe.

"That boy's a bit complicated," the young Indian commented. "I heard from Mr. Maskmana that Yaya is sick due to her power, so she didn't come here for breakfast. Maybe Solar is like that too."