Chapter 3: The Source of Power

BoBoiBoy (c) Monsta

Halcyon Days (c) Roux Marlet

.

For #BBBFangBirthMonth2023

[Day 15: Ochobot]

.

.

.

.

.

[Chapter 3: The Source of Power]

.

.

.

.

.

"Information about Captain Solar."

Databot took a while to process what Fang was looking for, even though it had just been upgraded a few weeks ago. Fang waited for five minutes in the heavily secured storage room of the power spheres while observing some. Unlike the Ochobot and Sinarbot which provided power control in the form of a watch, most power spheres had to be actively used alongside the user. Databot was also not a power sphere that had power.

Unless the ability to store millions of terabytes of data from across the galaxy can be considered power.

"Name: Solar. Date of birth: March thirteenth. Rank: Captain. Recruited by: Maskmana. Home planet: Earth, Milky Way Galaxy. Compatible power spheres: Sinarbot."

Fang waited, but Databot did not speak again. "Is that all?"

"Yes, that's all I know about Captain Solar."

Fang only learned one new piece of information: Solar was recruited by Maskmana, a name Fang had never heard of. "Who is Maskmana?" he asked Databot.

A few seconds and the answer was instantly available. "Name: Maskmana. Date of birth: April 1st. Occupation: TAPOPS ambassador of recruitment and superhero for the Earth. Home planet: Earth, Milky Way Galaxy."

"So, Maskmana is also an Earth human?" muttered Fang.

"That's right."

This guy should know about the Solar he recruited, Fang thought. "Where is Maskmana now?"

"Earth, Milky Way Galaxy."

"I thought he lived in one of the TAPOPS bases?"

"No, he's not. He lives on his home planet, guarding it against evil alien attacks."

Fang ruffled his hair, feeling at a dead end. How could he contact Maskmana? Why was he thinking so deeply about Solar's family, anyway?

... wait a minute. Fang had heard of Maskmana before, but it was so far back in his childhood that he didn't immediately remember.

"Admiral Maskmana who defeated Bora Ra ..."

Fang finally remembered that it was Kaizo who had mentioned the name. Maskmana was the one who helped them and later became Kaizo's mentor. Kaizo would later become Solar's mentor. In that case, wouldn't asking his own brother bring Fang closer to knowing his mentor?

"Thank you, Databot."

"My pleasure, Lance Corporal Fang."

Fang was about to exit the power sphere storage room when the coded door slid open. He was somewhat taken aback to find that the figure who entered was his mentor. Solar gave him a quick glance and then shrugged and walked on. Fang hurriedly saluted, still shocked and somewhat relieved that Solar didn't ask what he was doing here.