Log Horizon - Part 2 (The Battle of Loka)

Start bij het begin

Jaune/Shiroe: (The MMORPG Elder Tale... without warning, an estimated thirty thousand Japanese alone, and several hundred thousand worldwide, were trapped in a world just like the game. And in this world, death is not the end.)

The screen then changed to another scene, showing a Triffid monster that shot a black ball of energy towards Naotsugu, who was quickly avoided with a bit of difficulty, and Jaune, who saw that, then moved his fingers and chanted.

Jaune/Shiroe: "Astral Bind!".

His skill produced magical strings, capturing the Triffid with them. In response, Akatsuki quickly dashed toward the monster, defeating it with a single devasting slash, causing the Triffid to be disintegrated, leaving the drop items.

Naotsugu: "And we're done."

Jaune/Shiroe: "Let's call it quits for today."

And all of a sudden, Akatsuki appeared.

Akatsuki: "Understood."

Yang whistled and grinned and glanced at Blake, who glared at her.

Yang: "Hey, what's with that look, Blakey? I didn't do anything to you!"

Blake: "I know what you think, and don't expect that I could do that. I'm not a ninja or assassin."

Yang: "Cheh."

Jaune looked at his friends with a relieved look and smile.

Jaune/Shiroe: (Our bodies seem to know the basic combat movements.)

He recalled when he first discovered how they should fight with the differences they always used before the "Apocalypse" hit everyone.

Jaune/Shiroe: (Even if we don't use commands, as long as we intend to fight and can see the enemy in front of us, we can use skills and magic in a manner similar to voice input.)

Jaune then looked at Naotsugu, who was practicing swinging his sword, and showed a lighted candle panned by the movie theater screen camera that was slashed by none other than Akatsuki, which made Jaune and Naotsugu sweatdrops when they looked at it.

Jaune/Shiroe: (But there's a difference between "using" and "mastering." We'll need some practice.)

And another scene shows Jaune, Naotsugu, and Akatsuki walking through the forest.

Jaune/Shiroe: (Though, I don't know if practicing the way martial artists do in our world will be enough...)

Jaune: "I also wonder if practicing real-life martial arts would be enough. But at least it will be a good start, even if it just the basic."

Lie: "And that would be so convenient since right now, all of them aren't just playing their characters through a screen, but they have to move it by themselves since it's their own bodies now."

Pyrrha: "Some might not be martial artists or used to be in a fight, but I think they can solve that with their level 90 bodies."

Nora: "So they could cheat because they are level 90?! That would be awesome and unfair!"

Lie: "It can't be helped, Nora. It seems many of them are veteran players that already hit the level cap."

Nora: "It's still unfair!"

Akatsuki: "My lord Shiro..."

As they walked, what Akatsuki said caused them to stop walking, and as the blonde man was a bit uncomfortable with the nickname he got from the assassin girl, Jaune asked Akatsuki.