CHAPTER SEVEN

Through the heaviness in your body and the warmth of your bed telling you to just stay and fall back into slumber, the light shining through your thin eyelids keeps you from that fate. A coarse groan sounded from you as you sat up with slumped posture. The blue light emanating from the clock that once seemed so harsh in the night reflected the sun that poured through your window. The time shows it was 11:18 AM, meaning you were alone in the house currently.

Memoirs from the previous night filled your head, remembering the shopping list you wrote down. You lazily swung your legs to the side of your bed, feeling your feet brush against the cold hard floor. As you stood up, you felt the multiple layers of blankets wrapped around your body slide off. One completely fell off your body, taking its rest on the floor with the others either laid out on the bed or hung off to some degree. The first things that you do after you wake up always feel surreal or like a fever dream. You could feel, hear, see, smell, and taste things. You could sense the world around you but there was always a disconnect that made it feel as if you were sitting in a cockpit in your head controlling your body as if it were a machine. Though this sensation didn't happen often, whenever it did happen you could help but feel as though you were the only one that was real. It made you feel as if you were a dead man walking around.

You made your way over to your desk, looking down at the poorly written list. Your features contorted in a cringe upon seeing the different misspelled words and the awful handwriting. It was like trying to decipher a code when reading the paper. Not only was it badly written, but you could also barely see it. Did your motor controls really get that bad when you were tired? Though the list was horrid, it was good enough so that you could read it (Even if others couldn't). The door let out a small creek as you opened it. The floorboard underneath your feet was cold, as to be expected. That feeling of Surrealism didn't seem to shake even after you made the short trek to the kitchen. Oh well, I guess you would just have to go about your day feeling miserable. It's nothing new really.

You only were required to do one thing today. Go shopping. The list contained both things that were for the group of people living in this house and a few things for yourself. One of which would have been a phone case. However Gojo still hadn't given you the money that you needed to get the new one so currently, so you were using an older model of a flip phone, which was Shoko's old phone. It only had basic features. Calling, texting, and opening a few apps (and you had to use your voice for that feature). It's not like you were so incredibly upset that you only had that but you found yourself getting bored more easily. Also having to pull out your laptop each time to look something up was inconvenient. Going back to what was needed for the community, it was mainly just food, like eggs, a few spices, dish soap, etc. Yesterday Megumi asked you to also pick up a picture frame as well. You were such a good member of the household (even though you weren't paying for any of it).

Getting ready for your outing was nothing new. You picked up clothes from your floor that didn't smell horrible. One of which was some random pants that didn't quite fit you at the waist, causing you to bobby pin them. Your shirt was the same one you were wearing a few days ago, where the tag was slightly itchy and annoying but not annoying/itchy enough to where you would cut it off. You sold on the shoes that were already out at the door, none of them being yours. Megumi's foot size was larger than yours but if you wore thick socks then it all felt the same. Besides you were the one that helped him pick the shoes out so it was like a mutual trade.

While on the stroll to the train station, you figured you could go to one of the stores that were in the countryside of Tokyo. Your reasoning was that even if there were fewer of them they tend to be bigger and have most things someone would need. On top of that, there tend to be fewer curses in the countryside, and if there were they were relatively weak.