The cloaked man wrapped his arms around the raven-haired man. "I missed you dearly." Kissing his lips passionately. Akabana blushed at the act, but she silently shimmied away from them. She never thought the reaper would have tastes like those.

"That was a filthy move." Fyodor buried his face against Dazai's chest. "But it worked, and now I must depart again." He left, leaving him all alone. Fyodor felt his face heating up, he hadn't been kissed by his lover for a long time. (For 3 years) Fyodor licked his lips, the sweet flavor lingering. His longing for Dazai growing stronger.

  (I will refer to 'the cloaked man' as Dazai for now, Akabana doesn't know his name though its just easier to refer him as)

Akabana's straight blond hair was the only thing that let Dazai pinpoint her. "Miss Akabana, our destination is not far away, just a bit longer and we'll get to Tartarus soon," His skull mask was back on his face. "In the meantime, stay close to me." Akabana gazed back at him numerous times during their walk...

"Who was that back there?" The hand that held his scythe trembled slightly. "Soul eaters. When a human dies, they need an escort, my job is to protect the souls until they reach Tartarus. Soul eaters like him dwell around this warp trying to catch a meal." Akabana swallowed inching closer to him. "You're not going to eat me, are you?"

"..."

"Your soul is worthless to me."

Akabana stilled. She was getting confused with this concept and the reaper noticed. "We're almost there." With that said the atmosphere changed, no longer suffocating her. Soon enough a warp like the one they entered through appeared. It let off an ominous aura, drawing her closer.

Turning to face her he stretched his hand out to her. "This is where we part. Once we enter together, I'll sign you in and give you some instructions." Akabana clenched her fists, this was the infamous afterlife!

They entered together, it was a black abyss, then everything warped, and they were standing in front of a large white door. Dazai raised his right hand, and a warm glow enveloped them. The scenery was unlike anything she'd ever see when she was alive. A large garden of black roses that seemed infinite, small lakes that could devour any soul whole, fireflies danced around them leading them to a large white pedestal.

Atop the pedestal was a large emerald. What a breathtaking sight, Akabana walked towards it and analyzed its figure and the color. If she were alive then this crystal would sell for millions. What a shame that she wasn't.

"What is an emerald doing in a place like this?" Dazai appeared beside her giving her a mild scare.

   "Κατοπτρίζω"

Dazai snapped his fingers. His cloak vanished, replaced with a corseted periwinkle vest and baggy black pants. His skull mask now the rich color of gold. "This pedestal is called Κατοπτρίζω. Place your right hand above the gem."

Entranced with his appearance, Akabana did not move in inch. Annoyed, Dazai held her hand in his own and jerked it. "Place your hand above the gem." Startled, she did as she was ordered. A faint blue light shone but quickly disappeared. Engraved on her forehead where the words, Λύπη. Dazai clicked his tongue and snapped his fingers.

Now they were in front of a (lime) blond haired man. He was slightly taller than Dazai, and wore a pastel yellow turtleneck paired with black trousers. "Oh your back." Pushing his glasses up with his index finger, out of nowhere a grey clipboard appeared in his hands.

"Akabana Sato, age 24, time of death: 4:37 AM, occupation: Restaurant chain owner... hmm interesting, you loathe your mother and your younger brother beca- "Akabana smacked the clipboard out of his hands.

  Kunikida shot her a glare. "Excuse me?"  With a blank face Kunikida tapped her forehead and she morphed back into a tiny orb. "She'll be easier to handle this way." Kunikida handed Dazai a stack of paperwork. "Since you're here, could you take this to the underworld. Thanks. Nice outfit!" He shouted as he walked away with her soul.

Dazai looked at the stack of papers and internally groaned.

The underworld is where sinners are sent to redeem themselves. After their punishments they get reincarnated, and the cycle starts all over. Dazai wore his same outfit; He would change for the sake of being professional, but he was more comfortable this way.

The temperature of the underworld was agonizingly cold and some warm breezes here and there. The sky was two colors, dark blue and bloody red.

Dazai came to a halt. He was now standing in front of αγκάθι institution.

--

Inside, he met with the receptionist, Higuchi. Higuchi is a blonde-haired woman; she wore a light gray suit with black embroidery.

"Oh! Reaper! You've got another mount of papers I see. I'll let boss know." Higuchi dialed something onto her old-fashioned computer. "Boss is busy at the moment, but one of our executives can help you." Higuchi pointed towards a dark corridor.

"Thanks." Dazai made his way to the hall. He had a hunch on what executive was willing to help him. Leaning against a door was a small ginger haired male. He wore a black hat with a silver butterfly as décor.

"Chuuyaaaaaa!" He smiled brightly as he approached the other. Chuuya rolled his eyes. "Hurry up. I want this over with." An orange glow formed around the stack of papers he was carrying.

---

They were walking around the huge building in silence, which was odd since Dazai was quite a chatterbox. Some of the "employees" exchanged fearful glances...

"Why is the grim reaper here?"

"Didn't he use to be one of the four fallen angels?"

"Why is he with Mr. Nakahara?"

"Lately he's been coming more."

"Even boss is afraid of him."

When Chuuya heard their words, he shot them glares. Even with the warning some kept whispering. Then everyone's faces paled, and they quickly closed their mouths. Unbeknownst to Chuuya. whose ego was inflated, (Poor child. He thought it was because of him.) Dazai had silenced them for him.

The atmosphere became tense, and it felt suffocating to Chuuya. Quickening his pace he stormed out and headed to his office, Dazai following closely from behind.

  "WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE??!! GET OUT!!"

"But- "

  "OUT!"

....

Howdy! Here I am! Well this is some information about Fyodors role.

(BE WARNED! This AU I fell in love with, and I will proceed to make sequels and lore, possibly make its own book. And I do not care if doesn't have as much attention, expect episodes.)

Okay so, Dazai if you didn't know is the grim reaper. He collects souls and protects them from pesky soul eaters. Fyodor is a Colo Colo. A rat like creature from Mapuche mythology, this creature hides in houses and feeds of the resident's saliva. It can cause diseases and can kill someone. In this case, Fyodor targeted Akabana since she was the type of girl Dazai would personally escort.

Since he was still attached to Akabana, it was easy for him to reach Dazai.

Λύπη - Means sorrow- 'Akabana felt sorrow for her friend.'

Κατοπτρίζω - Means Reflect-  'The pedestal reflected upon the mortals life and determined their strongest feeling and brands it on their forehead. This way Kunikida can make an adequate rehabilitation and prepare the dead for their reincarnation.'

Αγκάθι – Means thorn- 'The castle in the underworld is called Thorn institution, since that's were sinners get punished then rehabilitated, then reincarnated.'