Return To The Lorbs

Start from the beginning

"I don't know, Eugene...with her new found powers she could easily take over the island." I said and Varian nodded. "The island is also the perfect place to hide. People don't live there, the only things that do are the Lorbs and monsters that she can easily defeat. It's far from the kingdom and it's possibly one of the last places anyone would look for her." Varian explained and Eugene sent us both a 'You're not helping!' look.

"This is our best lead so far. We haven't heard from her in months." "I don't know the red rocks were quite the 'hello, remember me' message." Varian said sarcastically as he rolled his eyes. "Sapphs does have a point there. Those sucked donkey dong." I added.

"But guys, suddenly Owl shows up with a fruit that can only be found on Tirapai island? I would say this is a pretty good sign. At the very least, it'll be nice to see Alfons and the other Lorbs again." Rapunzel said as she stared longingly towards the direction we were heading. "Oh yeah the littler leaf guys who think they're superior to human beings. They are a delight." Eugene said rolling his eyes.

"I don't think the Lorbs will be happy that you didn't bring Sunny." Varian said and I rolled my eyes. "Hey it's not my fault Sunny went into that random void cats go to where they just disappear and then reappear hours later." "I'm sorry cat void?" Eugene interrupted me. "Yeah, sometimes cats will just vanish. You'll look absolutely everywhere. In every nook and cranny, but they aren't anywhere. Then a couple hours later they show up next to you screaming at you like you're the one that vanished." Varian simply laughed and I rolled my eyes.

Some time had gone by when I started to get this strange feeling. I tried to shake off the feeling, but it kept creeping up on me. "Milady, are you okay?" Varian asked as he placed one of his gloved hands on my shoulder.

"Something...something doesn't feel right." I stared out in the direction we headed. "Is it Cassandra?" Rapunzel asked as she stared at me. Her eyes were full of concern and hope. I bit my lip as I shook my head no. "A-are you sure?" She asked.

"You know how we both felt Cass' energy through the red rocks?" Rapunzel nodded and waited for me to continue. "Well...her energy...y-you can't miss it. Hers is filled with rage, fear, disappointment, and more. We also have to add in the energy of the moon stone which is dark and cold." I explained and Eugene crossed his arms over his chest.

"Are you sure dark and cold is the stone? Cause that is classic Cassandra." "What are you feeling now if it's not Cass?" Varian asked and I looked down at the ground.

"I-I'm not really sure...there's layers to it? The surface it's sweet and innocent. But there's something that is sort of luring you in. I can't get a grasp on what's deeper...I should be able to get a better read on it soon but whatever it is...it's coming from the island."

The balloon ride was taking quite awhile. Varian sat on the floor and I had my head in his lap. One of his hands ran carefully through my hair as I held his other hand. We'd gotten a lot closer since I started getting this weird feeling in my gut and it's only gotten worse.

Rapunzel and Eugene were quietly talking to each other on the other side of the basket. They were probably talking about what they'd do if it was Cass.

"Milady? Anything change?" Varian asked softly. "I definitely don't think it's her. Behind that layer that reels you in...it...it's not good. It feels like this...black sludge. The innocent act reels you in, it drags you deeper and deeper, until you're stuck." I explained and I felt Varian's hand run through my hair again. I turned so I was looking up at him. "I know Punz wants it to be Cass...but is seeing her really going to help anything?" I asked as I pushed his bangs out of his eyes.

"This is Rapunzel and Cass we're talking about. They're both extremely stubborn. I don't think the first few meet ups will be...well...great, but the princess has a strange way of touching people's hearts. And whether Cassy likes it or not...she has a huge soft spot for Rapunzel." He leaned down and placed a soft kiss to my forehead. "Try not to worry so much, milady. They'll work it out sooner or later." He said and I nodded giving him a soft smile. "You know you just about always know just what to say, Sapphires."