𝙛𝙞𝙛𝙩𝙮-𝙨𝙞𝙭

A little mini chapter, before I post a bigger one, enjoy.

(I love this gif of Wanda)

➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖
Of what?
Surviving our first dinner party?
➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖

WANDA
A salesman.

VISION
A telegram.

VISION
A man selling telegrams.

WANDA
Wouldn't you know it - good news is more expensive!

AUDIENCE LAUGHTER.

VISION (TO TO WANDA)
I can't find the lobsters! And did you want the meat tender or pulverized?

WANDA
Oh dear.

WANDA RUSHES BACK INTO THE KITCHEN.

VISION
This is going swimmingly. Anyone for Parcheesi?

MRS. HART
My head is spinning!

MR. HART
Do you hear that? My wife's head is spinning and as a rule I don't like her head to do that.

INT. KITCHEN - SAME WANDA ENTERS AND SURVEYS THE SCENE. SHE LOOKS AT THE BASKET OF EGGS. SHE PICKS UP A WHISK.

WANDA
Time to improvise...

INT. LIVING ROOM - SAME MR. HART IS WORKING HIMSELF INTO A LATHER.

MR. HART
I'm beginning to think you're not management material, Vision, what with all the chaos in yourhousehold!

WITH MR. HART BUSY WITH HIS TIRADE, WANDA FLIES THE NOW FULLPLATES - SCRAMBLED EGGS, TOAST, FRUIT SALAD - THROUGH THE PASS-THROUGH WINDOW INTO THE DINING ROOM. WATER AND WINE GLASSES FILL, NAPKINS FOLD THEMSELVES. THE TABLE COMES TOGETHER BEAUTIFULLY.

MR. HART
Now when are we going to eat?!

WANDA
Dinner is served.

THE HARTS TURN AROUND. WANDA IS STANDING NEXT TO THE NOWBEAUTIFULLY SET TABLE. HER HANDS CLASPED BEFORE HER, SHE ISTHE PICTURE OF DOMESTIC EXCELLENCE. THE HARTS CAUTIOUSLY TAKETHEIR SEATS. VISION AND WANDA SMILE AT EACH OTHER, SITTING ATOPPOSITE ENDS OF THE TABLE.

"Go off Sit-Com Wanda!"

MR. HART
Breakfast for dinner? How very...

WANDA AND VISION HOLD THEIR COLLECTIVE BREATH.

MRS. HART (PLEASED)
European.

VISION RAISES HIS GLASS.

VISION
To my lovely and talented wife.

THEY ALL RAISE THEIR GLASSES TO WANDA. SHE RAISES HERS.

WANDA
To our esteemed guests

EVERYONE TAKES A SIP. WANDA SHARES A LOOK WITH VISION - THEY MADE IT THROUGH!