#15- Godparents

LIAM:

You stood in the kitchen as Liam cooked. You had invited Zayn and Perrie over dinner. “Smells amazing,” Perrie said. He smiled and nodded towards you.“We wanted to ask you both something tonight,” you said, running your hand over your rounded stomach. Liam moved beside you and wrapped his arm around your waist. “What is it love?” Perrie asked, becoming worried. Zayn looked at Liam for any sign of what was going on. “You have always been here for me,” you paused, “in fact you were there when I found out I was pregnant.” Perrie smiled, remembering the day you knocked on her door crying. “And taken care of her when I couldn’t,” Liam added. “We wanted to ask if you be little Payne’s godparents?” you asked softly. Perrie squealed loudly and hugged you. “Oh my god, are you serious?” she squealed again, making you nod. Zayn hugged Liam, patting him on the back. “We would be honoured mate,” Zayn said. “Now there’s more of a reason to spoil you,” she said happily, resting her hand on your bump.

LOUIS:

You looked out across the background, taking in the sunshine. You smiled as you watched Louis and Harry standing in front of the barbecue. “Still can’t believe that you’re having a little boy,” Harry’s wife said happily. You giggled at her excitement and gently rubbed circles on your baby bump. “I know, Lou is so happy; he tells everyone we see,” you said. She was about to reply, when Louis and Harry joined you on the porch. “Hungry?” Lou asked, kissing you forehead. You looked at him; giving him the ‘ask them now’ look. “Haz, H/W/N,” Lou said getting their attention, “Can we ask you something?” They became worried at his serious tone. “If something were to happen to us, we need to make sure our little man is looked after and loved,” he said. “What do you say to being Noah’s godparents?” you asked. “Godparents?” Harry repeated quietly. His wife’s face lit up, as you nodded. “Of course Lou,” Harry said quickly, hugging him tight. H/W/N kissed your cheek and rubbed our stomach lightly, “We already love him so much, of course he will look after him.”

NIALL:

You and Niall were invited to a party at Liam’s house with the rest of the boys and their families. You were in the middle of talking to Eleanor when Niall came up behind you. “Do you think it’s time to ask them? he whispered in your ear, you nodded. “Hey Lou, can Y/N and I talk to you and Eleanor in private?” Niall asked. Louis nodded and took Eleanor’s hand in his, following you down the hall. You turned into an empty room and stood next to Niall. “So, what do you wanna talk about buddy?” Louis smiled, always adoring the younger lad. “Well, we wanted to ask you,” you paused, “because there are two little Horan’s coming along,” Niall continued, placing a hand on your stomach. “If you will be the godparents?” You finished. They didn’t say anything but you heard Eleanor squeal followed by a light giggle. “I would love to,” she said, pulling you into a hug. “How about you Louis?” you asked. He smiled and shook Niall’s hand. “It would be an honour, thank you,” he said as Niall hugged him tight.

HARRY:

You nervously played with the hem of the sweater you were wearing. “She’s going to be beautiful,” Liam’s wife said, looking at the recent ultrasound photo of your baby girl. Harry sensed your change in mood and placed his hand on your knee, squeezing gently. “I think she will look exactly like Y/N,” Harry said, making you giggle. “But with Harry’s green eyes,” you said softly. Liam took the photo with from his wife and smiled. “We would like you to be her godparents,” Harry said suddenly, making them both look up surprised. “Liam, you are one of the most caring and protective people I know,” Harry explained. “And L/W/N, you are patient and loving,” you added, “we would love for you to be the godparents of our little girl.” L/W/N jumped off the couch and hugged you the best she could around your baby bump. Liam copied her actions and hugged Harry. “We would love nothing more,” Liam said after hugging you. “I told you they would say yes,” Harry whispered and kissed your cheek.