What Is Eternity

Începe de la început

"See you later!" I called. A chorus of "see ya!"s and "later"s followed me, and right as I took Carter's hand again and turned around, I saw Jackie holding Masons hand. I mentally awed at them. They would have really cute babies...

Just sayin.

I walked in the warm hallway of Fork's High and nudged my boy friend's shoulder with my head. (Yeah he's that tall.)

"What?" He asked slightly frazzled. I rolled my eyes.

"You know I would never leave you right?" I asked, running one hand through my thick black waves of hair. Carter sighed.

"I know."

"Then you have to stop thinking that some Freshman dweeb is going to take me away from you, okay? I am your mate and we've only known each other for four days. So don't go all sad puppy on me, because I like the hot wolf better." I said, smiling.

He smirked, his normal self coming to.

"Hot wolf huh?" Carter said smiling down at me. I nodded and grinned.

He bent down and kissed me lightly on the nose, before taking my books for me and walking me to Mrs. Hugh's English room.

Carter gave my books back to me at the door, and gave my hand a kiss before saying cutely

"Have a good day love, I'll see you at lunch."

and walked away into the school hallway.

I smiled dreamily at his tan and fit body, in his striped v neck and cargo shorts.

I'll never get tired of hearing that.

&&&&&&&&&&&

When I got back to the Cullen house, I parked Kim in the driveway and walked inside to find a woman who looked like a mirror reflection of me, standing next to Carlisle and Esme in the kitchen.

I dropped my purse by the door and kicked off my heels in awe. I couldn't get over how alike the two of us looked, it was like staring in a mirror.

The girl had the same chalky complexion, same dark waves of hair, and unnervingly the same hue of sparkling violet eyes.

"Hello dear, we have someone who wanted to meet you." Esme said carefully.

Carlisle nodded curtly and gestured towards the woman.

"This is Elizabeth Thompson, your grandmother." He said and I gasped, walking shakily towards her. I studied the girl with wonder.

"How..." I trailed off in amazement.

No wrinkles, no gray hair, no hunched posture. She looked exactly my age.

To be honest I don't know if I could tell us apart if I didn't know myself. My "grandmother" chuckled.

"It's amazing isn't it?" Her smooth voice was almost EXACTLY mine, hers having a bit higher pitch though.

"Elizabeth you said?" I asked carefully, stepping towards her. My grandmother nodded, taking my hand. She had a firm hold, a human crushing grip. Definitely not the soft brittle elderly shake I was expecting.

"I have a lot to tell you Lux. When I found out you had become immortal I came as fast as I could. Four days old you said?" Elizabeth asked Carlisle who nodded.

"Wow. So well controlled, it's astonishing." She murmured and I cleared my throat.

"Shall we go sit down?" Esme asked, and I nodded, leading my grandmother to the living room, and sat on the large couch.