Chapter 6

My co-writer gave the okay for polyxsoleil so I'm pushing that agenda :) I'll try keep it subtle so that it can be interpreted as either platonic soulmates or a romantic relationship but I intend for it to be romantic! Okay, enjoy this chapter!

Throughout the coming week, both the students at Teyvat University and the Institute of Infinite Mystics have been practicing and training for their respective matches.

Childe absolutely obliterates the training dummies with Scaramouche, their metal and increased resistance to the elements doing nothing to hold back the damages from the two Fatui harbingers. Dottore stands in the corner of the training room, spinning one of many daggers currently on his person, with Pantalone doing the same but with his guns, popping out magazines and reloading them again. Sandrone sits atop her giant ass robot looking at the two dummy-slaughtering harbingers in disgust while Columbina merely sits at the side humming a little tune.

Mona and Layla sit alone in the astrology room, Cyno having forced everyone else out so that the two participants can focus on their activities.

Albedo helps Sucrose out in memorizing every potion recipe including exact measurements, time, and ingredients. Lord knows how brutal both councils wanted to be this year.

Heizou observes as Kujou Sara and Gorou hit their targets in the archery range with perfect accuracy. However, Sara, knowing her opponent, begins to think that perhaps using a gun would be better. Using bows and arrows to fight a former commander of a police force from the future is not exactly the smartest idea. Gorou on the other hand has never seen this Peter Gurin and has no information on this alter.

Ningguang, Yelan, Keqing, Ayato, and Ganyu are holed up in the council room, ironing out any wrinkles in the organization of this event with the president, vice-president, and the event organizer of their opposing school. As much as they are rivals, they have similar goals when it comes to Celestia, though the Institute's plan is much more direct than theirs, however. Regardless, they both want a smooth sailing competition.

Kokomi and Alhaitham spend most of their afternoons in a library study room, bouncing ideas off each other for potential strategies each participant on their side could use, as well as brainstorming the potential outcomes for each match in order to prioritize certain ones over others.

Xiangling is hard at work in the culinary room, her father, the teacher of the culinary arts course, watching over her to make sure she doesn't burn the place to the ground (a joke) and to ensure nobody enters while she's hyperfocused. She wants to win, terribly so.

Faruzan dives into her old notes from previous years to refresh her memory about living mechanical beings. Her opponent is the alter of a doll coming to life, meaning he too is a doll. If she wants a chance at winning, learning everything about these living beings is essential, especially if she wants to come up with an invention that can exploit any weaknesses.

Collei trains with Nahida and Tighnari to harness her Dendro powers better. After all, going up against a literal rose maiden won't be easy. Their competition involved nurturing multiple plants to full bloom within a set time limit. Whoever had the most, but also top quality, plants after time was called would win.

Rosaria twirls her dagger around her finger. She's a realist, she knows she isn't going to beat a goddamn dragon.

Xiao and Chongyun sit silently in an empty classroom, doing their own preparation for their respective methods of exorcism. Chongyun's yang energy seeps out of him, however, preventing any of them from getting any real practice in.

Xingqiu is eternally grateful that this year the novel writing ISN'T on paper. His penmanship is bad enough when not under any time crunch. So now he's typing stories at 70 WPM (kinda slow if I'm honest but that's just me I think) on his laptop to practice. He has to beat Ike Eveland, no matter what. His pride as an author is on the line here.