Chapter 1: The Actors

(No One's POV)

Raiden suddenly grunts and puts his hand on his forehead, then groans. He exhales, Liu Kang and (Y/N) notices this and looks at him.

Liu Kang: Lord Raiden! What is wrong?

He asks as Raiden as he pants.

Raiden: Strange visions...

*SHING*

Raiden's eyes widen and he takes off his amulet to see it is cracked.

Liu Kang: Your amulet!

(Y/N): (I'm getting a bad feeling about this... Something must be wrong...)

Raiden: It is nothing, Liu Kang and (Y/N). The tournament begins.

He says as drums were being played and they face forward, while Raiden puts his amulet back on his chest. (Y/N) goes back to walk beside a friend with blonde hair.

As the drums continue playing, people in white robes with gold straps walk out.

Then a weathered old man walks out with two women in a blue and green leotard, the one in the blue has normal skin as the other in green has dark skin. But a bald monstrous man with sharp teeth was walking out too.

These people are none other than Shang Tsung, Kitana, Jade, and Baraka.

Everyone had gotten to their positions, the old man signals for the drums to stop. He speaks as the people in white robes sit down.

Shang Tsung: Kombatants. I am Shang Tsung! In the coming days, each of you will fight. Some are here of their own volition. Others were brought here by chance.

As he was continuing speaking, a man in a suit, wearing sunglasses, and had brown hair, started talking to the same blonde woman (Y/N) who was standing by and him.

???: Hey, beautiful.

The blonde woman and (Y/N) look at him.

(Y/N): (Ah oh, Sonya's gonna be pissed)

???: Johnny Cage.

Sonya: Good for you.

Johnny: What, "Massive Strike?" "Citizen Cage?" "Ninja Mime?" None of those ring a bell?

He asked as he looked forward and Sonya was looking around and saw the man seems she is after.

Sonya: Kano...

Johnny: "Kano?" Wasn't in that one...

He said looking back at her. Johnny looked past Sonya, looking at (Y/N).

Johnny: What about you, cutie? Any of those ring a bell?

(Y/N) was also looking around, then spotted the one he's looking for.