𝟬𝟬𝟭. school trip

chapter one

chapter one.
— SCHOOL TRIP

i. JUDAS REALLY DIDN'T understand what exactly he was doing here. I mean, yes, maybe he did light the whole forest on fire and maybe he did break Christopher Stone's nose because he tripped and fell directly onto him. Everyone knows Judas hates being touched at all, so really, was it his fault that he acted on pure instinct? It was so not fair that he was punished for something that's praised in battle. And even less fair that he's been put on babysitting duty for over half the school year. An Apollo kid fixed up Stone's nose anyway and some nymphs or something fixed up the forest —not without glaring at him first obviously—. But seriously, there was already a satyr and a centaur taking care of this Percy kid. Wasn't that enough?

   Speaking of, Nancy Bobofit was currently throwing wads of sandwich to the satyr. Grover Underwood. Grover was an easy target. He was scrawny. He cried when he got frustrated. He looked like he got held back several grades, because he was the only seventh grader with acne and the start of a wispy beard on his chin (he's 28 for Hades sake). On top of all that, "he was crippled" (Judas had to admit he felt angry that that's what the bullies focused more on). He had a note excusing him from PE for the rest of his life because "he had some kind of muscular disease in his legs." He walked funny, like every step hurt him (Judas knew it was those fake feet), but don't let that fool you. You should've seen him run when it was enchilada day in the cafeteria.

"I'm going to fucking kill her," Percy mumbled.

   Of course, the small demigod was always a little too loyal to his friends, even being willing to hurt those that hurt his loved ones. The thought made Judas smirk, presuming that loyalty would be his downfall (he'd look back at this thought years later).

   Grover tried to calm him down. "It's okay, I like peanut butter."

   He dodged another piece of Nancy's lunch.

   "That's it." Percy started to get up, but Grover pulled him back down to his seat.

   "You're already on probation," he reminded him. "You know who'll get blamed if anything happens."

   Fed up, Judas turned his head towards the two mumbling idiots.

   "If anythin', your pesky and infuriating yappin' will get you in trouble," he said angrily. "Also, if you're planning on killing Pippi Longstocking over there, you better hope that she fuckin' kills you too or i'll do it myself." He turned his back to the two, not before he heard Grover whimper in fright and seeing Percy roll his in annoyance.