-20-

𝐘/𝐧'𝐬 𝐩𝗼𝐯
After everything we had all cleaned everything up, throwing away the trash and putting up Maddy's gifts before going to bed for the night.

But now it was early morning, 4 am to be exact and I was being woken up with a bunch of kisses on my face, Maddy and I agreed to wake up early to grab breakfast and watch the sunrise.

"Did you just kiss my eye?" I asked, chuckling a bit as Maddy laughed at the question.

"Yeah, is that a problem?" Maddy asked "Nope," I say, moving my head up to kiss the girl's eye, the two of us laughing.

"You're so weird" "You did it first" I shrugged before getting up with Maddy, the two of us going into our things before getting ready in the bathroom together.

Of course, we weren't being the quietest, which we probably should off, but it was hard to keep quiet when you and your girlfriend can't help but make a few jokes.

But somehow we didn't wake anyone up as we walked out in our matching velour tracksuits.

"*whisper* come on," I say after grabbing my things plus the handwritten card for Maddy since we fell asleep before being able to read it.

Now we were in my car while laughing our asses off.

"Oh my god, how did you almost trip?" I laughed since Maddy had tripped over what seemed like air as we tried to leave the house.

"I honestly don't know" Maddy laughed as I started the car "Mhm well be careful, a hospital trip for your birthday should be the last thing on your mind"

Anyway, once I started to drive the two of us had calmed down, and a comfortable silence was in the air.

Eventually, we made it to our favorite diner that was always open, the two of us got out of the car and went inside, getting our usual orders to go.

As we waited, I sat on Maddy's lap in a booth, the girl having to reassure me that I wasn't hurting her or anything.

But as we talked, sitting in the booth for a few minutes, an old woman walked over.

"Don't you two know that's disgusting to watch?" An old woman walked up to us.

"Well, don't you know looking at those nasty wrinkles is disgusting you old cunt?" Maddy asked the old woman who was shocked by her words.

"*mumble* disgraceful," the woman said to herself, Maddy and I rolling our eyes.

"Too old to be acting like that" I shook my head "No literally" Maddy agreed just as our food was brought over, I grabbed the bag before helping Maddy up, and the two of us got back to my car so I could drive out to this empty level parking lot, going to the top before parking, Maddy and I sitting on my car hood while eating.

"This has been a crazy year" Maddy brought up "Yeah it has been, what's worse school isn't even over yet," I say, my girlfriend, letting out a sigh.

"Please don't remind me, I hate that place" " I don't know why, you're passing all of your classes," I say before taking another bite.

"I don't know how, I barely pay attention" "Exactly, you're just really smart" At the mention of her intellect, Maddy shook her head.

"Nah they just make school too easy" Once Maddy said that I glared at her for a moment.

"...okay"

Eventually, Maddy read my card which resulted in a few tears and a very tight hug and kiss, and if we weren't sitting on my car hood then I'm pretty sure it would have led to something else too.

Once we switched the subject the world around us slowly started to get restless in its sleep before slowly waking up, the sunrise moving up into the sky, Maddy already taking Polaroid pictures of the sun and us.

"You know I've never watched a sunrise," Maddy said to me "Yeah me neither" I added, Maddy, looking over at me.

"I'm glad we get to see it together then," she said before kissing me, our lips in sync as we kissed, pulling away with soft smiles and giggles, eventually deciding to go back to the Howard home before anyone got too worried.

꧁꧂
𝐈𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐲𝐚𝐥𝐥
𝐖𝗼𝐫𝐝 𝐜𝗼𝐮𝐧𝐭: 727