-9-

𝐘/𝐧'𝐬 𝐩𝗼𝐯
I don't know how or why but when I woke up with a terrible headache, I saw Maddy in the living room talking to Fez and Ash.

"Maddy?" I called out in confusion, seeing the girl turn to me.

"Oh you're awake, there's some Tylenol for you over there" she pointed out, still leaving me confused as I took two pills, Ash tossing a water bottle to me.

"So uh, no offense, but why are you here Maddy?" I asked, hoping I didn't sound too blunt.

"Well, last night I promised you brunch" "You did?" "Mhm, if you go into your room there's some clothes ready for you, we'll leave whenever you're ready" Maddy explained as if her just randomly being here wasn't a bit weird.

'What the hell happened last night?'

Silently I nodded, going back to my room and seeing a pink hoodie and sweatpants set, and some shades laying there as well.

As I got ready my memory started to jog, or well, walk I guess because all I could remember was some guy trying to grab me and a very very long talk between Maddy and me.

"Hm, so she meant it," I say to myself, remembering that Maddy had promised me brunch.

But anyways after getting ready, I walked out of my room, my phone in my pocket.

"Aw look at you, now come on let's show you off" "Show me off? I look trash right now" I say while pushing up the shades, Fez and Ash seeming amused.

"Gorgeous you'll never be trash" Maddy smiled as we left the apartment, the girl having my keys in hand as she got into the driver's seat.

This whole interaction felt so weird, it was like everything was okay, no drama, no tears, just normal.

At first, I thought I wanted to ask why Maddy was being so different, but I decided not to, deciding on a different question.

"Did you go back to the party?" "No I stayed the night at your place" Maddy explained "Really? What did Nate say?" I asked, seeing Maddy roll her eyes.

"Well after getting pissed at me I got tired of it all so as of now I'm single, and hopefully I'll never get with Nate again" Maddy smiled at me, surprise written on my face because this time there was no hesitation when she talked about leaving Nate, no sadness or anything.

And what scared me was the fact that Maddy had her hand on my knee as if it weren't a problem, which wasn't, but it didn't help how nervous I was.

But I stayed silent till we made it to the dinner that Maddy picked.

And now we were eating pancakes in a booth, or I was, Maddy was eating an omelet.

"So like what are you gonna do now?" I asked, "Do what?" "Like now that you and the troll are done, what now?" I asked, always thinking how Nate looked like that cringe meme, plus he had trolls feet in my opinion, so the name made sense.

"Well, I'm planning on staying single, unless a very Gorgeous girl still likes me" Maddy smiled "Only if you like her back" I played along, seeing Maddy giggle a bit.

"I guess I won't be single for long then" was her answer as we kept on eating, enjoying each other's company.

꧁꧂
𝐈𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐲𝐚𝐥𝐥
𝐖𝗼𝐫𝐝 𝐜𝗼𝐮𝐧𝐭: 572