1

"What do you think this meeting is about?" Austria asked.

"I don't know," Germany replied, walking briskly beside his cousin.

UN had called an emergency meeting of all the nations but had yet to release the reason why. He had told them to be there as soon as possible, so it was probably important they show up.

Soon all the nations had entered into the United Nations building, meandering around and loudly talking about what could be so important. Germany sat himself down between Austria and Denmark.

"Everyone! Everyone! Settle down and take your seats!" UN called out from the podium at the front of the room, banging his gavel.

Silence descended on the room as two hundred sets of eyes turned towards UN. Germany fiddled with his pen nervously.

"You may be wondering why I called you all here," UN began. Several nations withheld snarky remarks.

"While we don't have an explanation for why these people are here, we must deal with them nonetheless. NATO, bring them in." People began to whisper, wondering who UN was talking about.

Gasps and shouts erupted from around the room as several previously dead nations filed into the room, standing before the general assembly. Some even threw items at some of the resurrected nations.

"I will now read off the list of resurrected countries, empires, and city states," UN shouted over the noise.

"Empire of Mali
Zulu Kingdom
Abyssinia
City of Athens
Mughal Empire
Ming Dynasty
Empire of Japan
Aztec Empire
Inca
Mongolian Empire
Confederate States of America
Brazilian Empire
Russian Empire
Soviet Union
Rome
Papal States
Spanish Empire
Monarchist France
Prussia
Polish Lithuanian Commonwealth
Austrian Empire
German Empire
Austria Hungary
Ottoman Empire
Fascist Italy
Third Reich
Weimar Republic"

Silence had fallen again by the time UN was done reading out the list. Many were too stunned to speak.

"Now we have to figure out what the hell to do with them," UN said, exhausted. Chatter rose.

"Is there anything we can do?" Germany blurted out.

"I have no idea," Austria replied, staring at his mother and grandfather.

America's voice rose above the rest, "why don't we just send the countries home with their closest relatives?"

Multiple nations nodded along, it seemed like a good idea.

"Does any one else have any other ideas?" UN asked.

"Uh? Prison?" France shouted. Multiple other nations clapped in agreement.

"Lets put it to a vote then," UN hushed everyone.

Germany wasn't sure what to think. Just a few dozen meters away were his father, uncle, grandfather, and great grandfather. Three of which died before he was born and one that died shortly after. All he knew about them was what anyone could find in a history book, nothing about them personally.

Everyone put in their votes, some putting more consideration into it than others. Both Germany and Austria chose to abstain.

"That was quick," Austria muttered as UN walked back to the front with the results.

"Well, it was a close call," UN began but was interrupted by shouts and cheers. "But I can safely say that America's idea of taking them in has won the vote."

Boos and cheers erupted as dozens of nations lept to their feet to either protest or celebrate.

Germany sat back, stunned. He would now have four strangers, very dangerous strangers, in his house. He looked back at the front of the room, making eye contact with Third.

Third smirked at him, showing sharp teeth, before breaking contact to look approvingly at UN.

Ready or not, here we go, Germany thought as he made his way to his relatives.