CH 18: Feelings We Don't Willingly Feel

[ If We Don't Hesitate ]

It was as if the weight of making the right decision was burdening him in the heftiest way possible.

It was a matter between clarifying his persistent feelings to the one he was confused of herself and deliberately running away from it, given the opportunity.

Jeonghan's parents were waiting for them through a fuzzy distance, he could have every chances of ignoring them without being obvious about doing so, yet he was having seconds thoughts. .

That no matter how much he tried to think of the possibilities and all the consequences, forgetting his sudden confession and walking up to his parents like nothing happened was the low risk path.

Jeonghan hesitantly made his gaze fall back to her. He frankly was uncertain of what to do. And he was afraid that, by the time she takes up all the space in his line of sight, he'd go completely against the safe track.

The very moment his eyes fixated on her, it didn't stay for more than a second when all he could see was her expectant look. The look that made him want to burst out all the words that he had been keeping in the depths of his mind.

"My parents. . are calling for us.", He stated, looking at anywhere else but her.

Jeonghan was the type of person to be straight forward, of his words, his actions, his feelings, and about everything. Raki perceives him that way, for all the time that she had spent looking at him, he was in every way straight forward.

And to hear him with a different continuation, she was taken aback. . and disappointed about how the circumstances didn't even let her hear about him caring for her, when it was the last thing that she would ever expect of him.

As soon as his eyes tend to her for a brief moment, she gave him a nod. Indicating that she was alright if he wanted to run away so bad. Did she even have the power to stop him?

No, she didn't.

In the midst of appeasing the incessant disappointment that just couldn't seem to crawl away from her, a palm of a hand appearing infront of her captured her sight.

Her eyes travelled all the way from his inviting palms, to his veiny arm that was halfway covered by the sleeves of his formal polo shirt and up to his face that unknowingly reassured her.

"May I?", His lips set into a thin line, his eyebrows subtly raising as he anticipated for her reply.

Every part of her were uncertain; what will she answer, how will she react, how will she take in that at that very moment, she had witnessed him offering his hand for her to hold once again.

Raki's lips drew into a sweet smile as she placed her hand on top of his. It had been ages ever since she has held his hand that way, and as much as to her dismay, she had forgotten how much it felt so. . right.

With the first step that Jeonghan took, he intertwined their hands and locked them tight, as if it was in every way useless if she tries to break free.

Her heart was about to, and was seriously going to, rip out of her chest, to say the least.

Each and every time that she would have the chance to meet him, he never fails to make her feel something new and different, something a lot more than the last time. .

Which she deduced as upsetting. .

Why?

Because, for all she knew, she shouldn't feel that way, or in any way feel anything.