CH 11: Jump Then Fall

[ "Let's Not Fall In Love With Each Other" ]

"Do you think we would be convincing enough for people to actually believe us?"

Raki slowly shrugged her shoulders with his question, genuinely unaware of what to answer. "For you?", She diverted the question back to him, for which he didn't seem to mind at all.

Jeonghan wandered his gaze around her, having multiple presumptions of how their intention that came with an agreement will turn out. "It will either come about perfectly or will go drastically wrong, nothing in between."

She faintly nodded her head, bearing his opinion in mind. To her perception, the point he was making was, whatever the circumstances, it depended on them. Certain, wether it turns out flawlessly or the contrary, they will be held responsible for it either way.

"Probably as long as my parents see that I'm happy, there wouldn't have any room for doubt.", He beamed assertively, as if were to show his parents already to prove that their guidance were needless to him anymore. "I just hope that those next three months would be enough."

"Do you believe that the basis of the contentment of two people who used to be in a relationship relies on the quantity of the time they were together?", She asked.

He seemed to had ponder about it for a while, given that his reply took awhile to follow. "I guess.", Came along with a shrug of his shoulders.

No wonder it was so easy for him to forget about that one single day.

Raki forced the right corner of her lips to heave. "Three months would be more than enough to convince anyone."

Her notion gave him even more reliance. "Let's make a toast about this some time."

She certainly didn't know what to feel about a (/another) drink with him.

"Sure."

"Is there anything else that you still have in mind?"

"Not really.", There was a lot, yet none of them did she had the courage to speak out. "What about you?"

"I don't have anything too. . but. ."

There was something about his unfeigned smile that she had uncertain odd feelings for.

"Let's not fall in love with each other."

There is that certain feeling that people get whenever they are suddenly forbidden to do something that they have been wanting to do. It's disappointing, and there's that frustration that they can't do anything about.

However, what was worse was that she had been doing it already, before he could forbid her nor she could even forbid her own self.

Some could say that she shouldn't had tried to realize it, yet what could a person that wanders in her thoughts almost the whole time do?

"Dinner tomorrow at eight?"

Her eyebrows delicately flinched, stunned with his suggestion.

It was a very good thing that he seemed clueless despite her reaction. "Possibly at the same place again where they first met you. They sort of have a thing for that place."

Raki wanted to smack her forehead with her palm so badly as soon as everything sank in.

"O-Oh yeah, sure."

"It's going to be the first now that we've made our agreement."

"Right.", And she was anxious to the bone.