CH 17: So Unpredictable

[ Odd, In The Bestest Way Possible ]

"Yes. . Of course."

No, I can't.

Somewhere between those two. She couldn't decide. Yet, she did anyway.

"Cool.", Raki's conscience told her that the basis of those selfless acts she did, such as agreeing to everything that he offers, was to witness how a smile would flawlessly paint on his face. "I never thought you'd agree."

She raised her eyebrows in question. "Why wouldn't I?"

And as if mirroring her, Jeonghan did the same thing. "Because it's uncomfortable?"

"I'm still under the agreement, right?", She chuckled before continuing her words. "If I'm not, then I'll undoubtedly disagree, instantaneously at that."

For some reason, she had the thought that perhaps she really wouldn't undoubtedly and instantaneously disagree; she did it for his smile, and not in any case consciously did it for the agreement.

"You could always say no if it doesn't feel right. I won't coerce you.", His face was soft, his voice was soft and she could feel how he meant every words. "But. . I really do appreciate you agreeing to every requests I ask of you. .", His lips drew into a smile, gradually; delicately;  softly. ". . and most of all for agreeing to be my fake fiancee and having to be under this agreement with me."

She didn't take the chance to acknowledge it yet, however, right then, she appreciated him for finding his way back into her life once again.

No matter the circumstances, she was indefinitely grateful.

Raki felt as if she was going to die before she could even have the possibility of stepping in to the setting of her fake fiancé's older brother's party, which was his house, the home which he had stated he hated as much as she did to her own.

"How are you doing?", He cleared his throat after.

She tend her gaze to him with his choice of question. "Why?"

Jeonghan shrugged his shoulders and brought his attention back to the way they were going. "Nothing. I just wanted to ask."

They were walking their way towards the front door at that moment as they were talking.

"Oh. I'm doing alright.", She forged a faint smile. "I'm just practicing the phrases that I'll probably get to say."

"Don't worry. Only a few people would come."

Her brain had been telling her for the past minutes and hours to worry, worry and worry, and she did. She didn't quite had the courage to believe that a single 'don't worry' would change that.

"Is that so?", She blankly asked.

He eyed her briefly, whilst setting his lips into a line. "Yeah. That's kind of how we do parties. Only those who are actually necessary. ."

Raki slowly travelled her eyes upwards to see his home a lot more, and it was extensive. And she thought, maybe it only seemed as if there were a few people, when in fact there would be a lot, because of how big the house was.

They were step by step getting closer to the front door, and only then would she know if her worry was meaningless or if she really was right about worrying.

However, in any case, she would worry nevertheless. If a thousand or if only one person happened to be there, she'd still be crippled with anxiety.

As they stood in front of the wooden door, Jeonghan reached out his hand and twisted the doorknob with familiarity.