CH 13: Genuine Courtesy

[ We Were Drowning In The Concerns That Neither Of Us Wanted To Receive ]

It was a long way getting to one of the bridges in the city, yet neither of them felt any exhaustion, perhaps it was there, and wasn't just acknowledge due to the fact that their minds were almost completely on their conversations.

Jeonghan drifted his eyes away from the river and leaned  his side on the guardrail of the bridge, seizing his eyes on her.

No matter how much she tried to shrug it off or even contain herself from doing so in the first place, Raki watched the whole time he shifted his body that way.

She could have the whole river for a view to be honest, and he just moved a few muscles to get comfortable, yet as much as she preferred the former for a decent reason, he was the view she considered.

"If. .", He started, and her eyebrows raised with how evident the hesitation on his face was. ". . you know. . you don't hate your home as much as you do right now, would you still stay out and come home late?"

She pursed her lips, "Well. .", she already had the answer but she still took the moment to think again. "I feel like I wouldn't. I don't like crowds, possibly, the same way you do."

"Did the idea of moving in to your own place not have come to mind?"

"It did, countless times honestly and none of them I tried to consider.", He had this look on his face that asked her why in which she decided to shrugged to. "I hate the process, every process."

He chuckled with the precise conception she said about the whole process of moving in to one's own place as something being worth the dislike for. Frankly, he was heedlessly denying that all along.

"You're right, it is quite a handful when you actually think about it."

She felt the guilt creep into her as soon as she realized that she had made him feel that way. If anything, she shouldn't have been so opinionated and so against the idea of having constant and inescapable responsibilities. "But. . you should be proud of yourself for actually doing it."

His delicate smile was enough to relieve a monumental part of her. "I am satisfied."

"Is it worth it?", It was more of a fake inquire than her being genuinely curious just so she wouldn't feel even more bad from the thought of him feeling bad.

"I think it is. Like seriously worth it.", For some reason, instead of seeming as if he was thrilled of him moving to his own place, he had the look of someone who was trying to convince another. "Try to take a risk."

"That's enlightening. . but, I don't like doing commitments.", Her shoulders shrugged along with her lips setting into a thin line. "And the responsibilities of owning a place alone.", She added shortly and relatively quick.

He opened his mouth and the next few words he said were something she utterly didn't expect from that conversation. "Would you like to move to my place?"

"Hmm?", It was a quiet and flustered questioning hum that instinctively just escaped her lips once comprehending his intent.

"Move to my place. Live with me.", It was in every way deliberate, and she just couldn't find herself to take in the fact that he seriously was.

Raki shook her head hesitantly. "I. . I can't do that."

Yes, she couldn't. Why would she?

"Why not.", She could picture him pouting by how soft and low his tone of voice was. She shouldn't feel bad, like even more than she initially was, yet there was, making her.