12

"Okay Maddy we are p7! Great job!" I heard my engineer say when the flag wavered at the end of qualifying.

"Yess! Great job guys" i answer back and park my car in pitlane and jump out of it.

When I walk in the garage only my engineers seem happy, and Pierre is nowhere to be seen.

"Where did Pierre end up?" I asked my press officer, Lia. when she leads me towards the media.

"Oh I think he fell out in q2. So around p13 I think" Lia shrugged as we enter the media pit.

"Alright you have a interview with Ziggo first" She tells me and we walk towards the Dutch man.

"Hallo Jack Plooij!" I laugh as I stand infront of the orange microphone

"Hooi! Zullen we maar gelijk beginnen. Ben je er sneller vanaf!" Jack exclaims and laughs, he know us drivers too well

"Zeer goed plan dit weer, ga maar vuren en me helemaal depressief maken door de vragen!" I joke at the older man

——

"Bedankt Madelyn!" Jack exclaims and my press officer and I walk away

"Alright that was good, but since it was quite long we need to go to the press conference now." Lia explains and I nod along

"Sure, with who am I?"

"Charles, Lando, Pierre, Max and Daniel"

"Alright that's going to be chaos" I laugh as I think back to the time we were on a yacht together.

——

I walk in the conference room and I spot Daniel talking with Max

"Hey guys!" I say as I pull them in a little hug

"Good result rookie!" Daniel jokes while showing his famous smile.

"I know! I'm coming for your seat" I joke as I softly punch his shoulder

"I would not do that, the McLaren is a tractor" I hear a voice say from behind me.

"Poor guy" Max jokes as he pulls Lando in a hug while patting his back in a sympathetic way

"Indeed! Even the Alpha Tauri is better!" Lando exclaims while side hugging me

"I think it is because of the driver" I shrug while keeping a smirk on my face

"Oh yeah" Lando huffs sarcastic

"Mate she outqualified us both!" Daniel exclaims while nodding proudly towards me

"I know I know no need to rub it in there" Lando laughs and we got called in the room and all take a seat.

"Allright thank you all for joining, from left to right are seated. Lando Norris, Max Verstappen, Madelyn Davenport, Charles Leclerc, Pierre Gasly and last but not least Daniel Ricciardo! Alright let's begin"
The presenter says

"Okay I got a question for Pierre, what is it like to be teammates with Madelyn?" A man in the front asks

Pierre takes a quick glance at me and picks up his microphone." Well Maddy is a lovely person, I raced against her in karts too and it was always nice and lots of fun. So it's very fun that we are reunited in formula 1 now." Pierre answers and puts his mic away again.

"Ok thank you Pierre next question please"

"Max, is it fun to have another Dutch driver on the grid?" A woman in the back asked.

And I huff lightly, is this the 'get to know Madelyn Davenport conference?'

Charles next to me notices and turns to me and mounts something like "you okay?" While sticking up his thumb, and I nod at him

"Well ofciurse it's fun to have Madelyn on the grid, not just because she's Dutch but she's an incredible driver and a very fun person to be around. With Madelyn you always forget time and enjoy every single moment. I think us drivers are getting a hard time this season because this girl is extremely talented and a for sure future world champion" max tells the reporter and I blush slightly at his words.

"Okay thanks max, next"

"I have a question for everyone" I younger man in the back asked

"Sure go ahead!"

"Alright, is it hard to not get in a relationship with Madelyn because she's te only woman on the grid?"

And I almost burst out laughing. And when I look at the others they don't see that serious either.

Charles turns to me so I lean closer to him." I must say that they are missing out" he grins

"That was 4 years ago Leclerc" I reply back and lean back in my seat again to take my mic.

"Alright first of all, why would they need a woman for that? If they want they could have a relationship without me on the grid. Plus I'm no different then the other drivers, i only have a uterus and boobs but I want to drive fast and win races, so that I'm a woman doesn't matter. Plus we are here for racing questions, and what is the link from racing to attraction?" I answer and stand up to walk out the room.

"Sukkels, Jezus wat n losers" i scold when I'm out of the building and walking back towards the garage.

"Hey you alright?" I heard a brutish man say behind me

"I am, Lando"

"We all walked out. You know. They shouldn't ask such questions" he shrugged and I hugged him

"Thank you"

"It's really no problem" he smiles and we part to both go our own ways

Notes
Tried my best I'm sorry if it's bad