19

Jyedisse's POV

Dumiretso ako sa Swimming Pool nila dahil wala akong gana makipag-usap sa iba sa Living Room, hindi ko kasi alam kung paanong pag-uusap ang gagawin ko kay Serene.

Wala pang masyadong tao dahil mamaya pa naman ang start ng party kaya malayang-malaya ako na nakapunta rito. I haven't seen Vairen since she left earlier, hindi ko alam kung ano nang ginagawa niya. Ang aga kasi uminom ni Kaneisha, kaya siguro nalasing kaagad.

Nakalublob ang aking mga paa sa tubig at nakaupo naman ako sa bato. I'm ashamed of what I did to Serene, so maybe I don't know how to explain it to her. Along with shame there is also guilt and fear.

At first I thought that when I saw Serene, I would be able to explain to her easily, but it was not that easy. Especially if the one responsible for everything is close to her, so close.

I don't even know why his grandfather is so angry with me, I don't think that I have done anything wrong. Hindi ko rin maintindihan kung bakit ayaw niya sa akin gayong pinayagan niya naman magkaroon ng relasyon si Klaire at Serene. Ganoon na rin kay Vairen at Kaneisha. 

He also misunderstood when he thought there was a third party taking place in Serene and Klaire's relationship. Akala niya ako ang nakikisawsaw, hindi niya man lang ako pinagpaliwanag. I want to get angry and fight for Serene, but the alternative is Mama's job.

I want to talk to Sir Frolando, but every time I approach him personally, he pushes me away as if I were dirt and a scourge on society. Tinitingnan niya ako na para bang ang liit-liit ko at wala akong sinasabi sa buhay.

So that's how I went to pursue what I really wanted, to do medicine. Mama supported me and said she will work hard. That's when I realized that I made the right decision not to fight for Serene first because I thought so little of myself. Tinitingnan ko na rin ang sarili ko na baka kaya siguro ayaw sa akin ni Sir Frolando kasi wala naman akong binatbat kay Klaire o kaya sa mga taong nakakasalamuha ni Serene. That when I'm with Serene, I just look like her assistant or a maid.

It's hard for Serene to reach because she can reach everything she wants. She doesn't need anyone else to survive or even a job. But because I know Serene, I know that she would rather work hard to achieve her dream than use her money and surname.

I'm about to finish medical school, I have my own money, is that enough to get Serene?

I stood up and shook the dress I was wearing, maybe it was dirty. I was about to leave when I heard someone arguing. Pumunta ako sa madilim na parte ng Area at nagtago sa mga bulaklak.

I know it's bad to listen to other people's conversations but I can't leave either because they're blocking the door.

Nang medyo maaninag ko ang mga mukha nila, muntikan na akong makagawa nang ingay dahil sa gulat, napatakip pa ako ng bunganga sa gulat.

Ate Redkane and Faide are arguing! They have a relationship?!

"Kanino ka ba kasi nagseselos?" Kalmadong tanong ni Faide.

Nakabusangot ang mukha ni Ate Redkane. "To your client! Stay away from her!"

Napahilamos naman ng mukha si Faide. "I can't stay away from her. Sa iyo na nanggaling na client ko siya."

"Can't you give that project to someone else?" Inis na tanong ni Ate Redkane.

"I can't, I'm the one assigned there," kalmado pa rin na sagot ni Faide.

Mapapa-wow ka na lang talaga sa sobrang haba ng pasensiya ni Faide, e. Kahit sa amin naman mahaba ang pasensya niya.

"If you don't want to avoid her, let her know that I'm your girlfriend!"