"I completely agree, Harry," Dumbledore smiled at the teen. "I'd probably have been concerned to see someone in a cloak standing over your bed in the dark as well. Maybe next time go through your robes in the daylight." He gave a little laugh at the end, very happy the teen was safe and that this was all a happy misunderstanding.

Snape glared at his student as if the alarm was completely Harry's fault. It was, but only because no one had told him that his portrait was a spy. Harry avoided the man's eyes, fully aware he tended to see more than others did when he looked at his students directly. Harry didn't know how he knew when someone was lying, but he figured it couldn't hurt to not give the man the opportunity to study his face in more detail.

The teapot and mugs joined the biscuits on the table and Mrs. Weasley started pouring cups for everyone. "Well, I guess back to bed for anyone who thinks they can go back to sleep, and good morning to everyone who can't," Dumbledore said as he turned to leave the room once more.

Remus turned to the teens, as well as the three adults who hadn't been fully alert. "All right you lot, we need to have a discussion about emergency procedures and what it means if the alarm goes off."

"I'll leave you to it, Lupin," Snape shot a parting glare over at Harry before leaving the room in a swirl of robes.

"Why's he staying here anyway?" Harry whispered to Ron as Remus started in on having your wands and shoes accessible at all times during a war.

Ron shrugged as he chewed his biscuit. "He has a potions lab set up in the attic. I'm not sure if he's actually staying here or if he's just brewing a lot of potions. He pops up at random times like an evil bat."

"Well, I for one don't think I'll be changing my clothes in our room anymore," Harry remarked dryly as Ron paled and coughed on the bit of a biscuit.

●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●

No one was able to get back to sleep after the forty-five-minute lecture by Remus Lupin on emergency preparedness. Molly Weasley eventually gave up and started cooking breakfast around the time that Sirius conjured shadow puppets to appear on the wall behind the werewolf. "And, Padfoot, you of all people as a former auror should know to at least sleep in your pants in case you have to run and fight," Remus concluded after a stinging hex at the laughing man.

"Aw, Moony, I'll just fight in the buff. Everyone would be so distracted by my magnificence that I'd take 'em all out," Sirius winked at Harry when his godson couldn't hold back a chuckle at that claim. Remus threw his hands in the air and stormed out of the room, presumably to either get ready for the day or booby-trap his friend's room, maybe both.

"Eat up all," Mrs. Weasley stated as she plopped eggs and bacon onto the table. "Sirius, I'm having the kids clean the upstairs library today. Could you get that elf of yours to do something, anything in another part of the house so he can't keep stealing the things we toss out?" She asked exasperatedly.

The atmosphere quickly turned into almost a party as everyone made fun of each other's pajamas and speculated on if Snape ever slept or if he wore his teaching robes to bed. Sirius was telling stories of his time at Hogwarts as the twins, and surprisingly Arthur Weasley, eagerly questioned him. Harry sat back with a smile on his face until that smile suddenly fell. He realized he was hungry.

He'd shoved a couple pieces of bacon and eggs down his throat already and wasn't used to being hungry at all anymore. The hunger he was feeling was almost palpable though. He felt that if he didn't eat something soon, he'd implode into the empty place in his stomach. It only took one more bite of eggs before he realized that Jamie wasn't hungry…the dementor was.