"Well, thank you. I'm glad you took my call. You've been a big help." Karli said. Y/n furrowed her brows at her words before she suddenly realised why Karli had called Bucky. She knew that she would get him talking and distract him from the evac. And she knew that Y/n would be right beside him and unable to leave his side because of the things she said. They had been played. Big time.

The line on the other side went dead and Bucky pulled the phone away from him in annoyance.

"Damn it!" Bucky yelled. He suddenly let go of Y/n's hand and took off running. Y/n was quick to follow after him, though she couldn't run as fast as he could.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Y/n and Bucky rushed through the empty parking garage. The evac had long gone and they had to catch up fast. Or there would be a lot of casualties on their hands.

Bucky immediately headed towards a motorbike. Y/n ran up behind him and stopped to catch her breath. Her heart was beating rapidly in her chest as her lungs burned for oxygen.

"Seriously, you guys had one job." Sharon said to us as Bucky readied the bike. He swung his leg over the bike and turned to Y/n, he offered his hand to her and she took it gratefully. She swung her leg over the sleek black bike and wrapped her arms tightly around his waist.

"You just worry about your guy." Bucky said as he revved the engine.

The tires screeched against the tarmac as the bike sped forward. Y/n subconsciously tightened her grip on Bucky's waist.

They sped quickly up the ramp that led to the car park's exit. Somehow the world seemed even darker than when they had entered the building. The night sky casting the city into darkness and reflecting the situation down below.

The two avengers sped towards a police blockade. The officers had to move quickly to drag the navy blue fences out of the way.

"Hey!" One of the officers yelled to them in annoyance.

Bucky sharply turned a corner and sped along the road. They had to move quickly to get there in time. Y/n had considered flying over there, but she knew that the motorbike would be just as fast as she would be. Besides, it was always a good idea to work as a team in these situations.

"Bucky! Y/n!" Sam's voice called over the radio.

"I don't fly, man. That's your thing." Bucky replied.

"I'm on my way, cap." Y/n said. She released her hold on Bucky and gathered her powers into her hands. The blue light illuminated the darkness.

Y/n shifted in her seat so she could bring her legs up and stand on the seat. She then pushed herself off of the bike with her powers and flew upwards. Bucky continued to drive quickly along the road below her.

She flew up so she was above the buildings, scanning the area for any signs of the helicopter and Sam.

"Where are you?" Y/n asked over the radio

"Heading your way." Sam replied. Y/n furrowed her brows in confusion for a moment before she realised what he meant. The noise of helicopter blades spinning caught her attention and she spun around. Heading in her direction was a helicopter that was not flying straight. It seemed to be zigzagging and dropping at random intervals.

She also saw Sam following after the chopper. "I see you."

The helicopter dropped quickly down towards the river and Y/n quickly joined the pursuit. She flew alongside Sam as they skimmed closely to the water.

A bright light shone from above them. Another helicopter was following after the evac chopper with a flood light that was illuminating the out of control vehicle.