They all watched as Amelia Bones crossed out a couple lines on her pad of paper and closed the notebook with a decided snap. "Madam Bones?" Tonks asked the woman questioningly. The woman's demeanor had changed drastically from suspicious disbelief to relieved acceptance almost immediately.

"I think we're done here, Auror Tonks. They seem to have an explanation for everything, and it was obviously all self-defense. We need to specifically question Peter Pettigrew as the fact of him being alive calls into question Sirius Black's culpability in the Potters' murder, and we may need to question the few living Death Eaters as well, but it seems there really isn't anything they can say to mitigate their guilt. The fact they're all marked and at the Longbottom residence speaks to the truth of their guilt in the matter," the woman concluded. "We can all sleep easier tonight knowing that You-Know-Who is clearly dead and gone. Thank you, Mr. Potter. I'm sorry you had to go through this...and the rest of you as well."

Kingsley looked like he wanted to protest and kept shooting confused looks to Albus, but he kept his mouth shut. "Right, we need a press conference! And something about a trial for Pettigrew and Black and how my administration has uncovered the corruption from the one before, etc. etc.," Minister Fudge almost clapped in glee as he strode to the floo and left directly for the offices of the Daily Prophet.

When the two aurors flooed out, Madam Bones turned to Professor Snape. "Is everyone else involved ok? No one is injured?" She asked in a low hiss so the portraits couldn't hear.

"Everyone has been seen to," Snape assured her with a nod.

The woman turned to the three teens who were looking at her in wide-eyed confusion. "I really am sorry you all had to go through this," she told them with a sad smile. "I know classes like Remedial Potions are wonderful bonding experiences. I myself keep in touch with those in my Remedial Divination class still," she glanced to Severus quickly. "Might I add...I'm sorry for your loss, Mr. Malfoy," she said stepping over to Draco with an intense look. "And for what your father did to you. That was inexcusable. I can only imagine what you must have gone through growing up with that man. Bigotry and prejudice run deep in our society, unfortunately."

Draco looked over to Neville who reached across to take his hand comfortingly. "Er, ma'am...could we maybe talk? I think I have some information you might find useful about my mother and a few other Death Eaters who weren't at the house tonight," the blond offered with a sad sigh.

"Oh dear," she sighed and took out her pad of paper once more. "Tell me what you know...do you have someone you can stay with if we end up arresting your mother?"

"He can stay with us," Augusta Longbottom offered without a thought.

"I'm his godfather," Snape cut in quickly. "I can take legal custody and then we can decide if he stays with me or at Longbottom Manor."

"Right, well that's settled. What do you need to tell me...?" Madam Bones asked, sitting down and waiting as Draco gathered his thoughts.

●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●

The trials went much faster than anyone expected, mainly because of the interrogation of Peter Pettigrew under Veritaserum and the testimony of Draco Malfoy who had heard quite a bit over the years. By mid-July, Sirius Black was freed with an apology from the ministry, most of the remaining Death Eaters were in Azkaban (with a new, large contingent of human guards), and the magical community was celebrating. It seemed the war ended before most even knew it had begun anew. Unfortunately, with the prophecy being registered at the ministry, Harry had to be given credit for Voldemort's death, which got out to the public very quickly. In order to escape the reporters for a while, he moved up his trip to visit the dementors in the Caribbean.