Goals and the Morning After

Adeep angry snarl rang out from the captain's quarters of the VictoriaPunk. Every crewmember on the main deck gave a quick look towards itsorigin, most went back to what they were doing. Some of the crew wereused to their captain's bouts of rage, the more senior members of thecrew wouldn't even blink an eye when Kid would scream. This timehowever was different. Kid, red-faced and with flared nostrils,stormed onto the deck. With an enraged howl, he threw the closestthing over the side of the ship. Most of the crew on deck rushed overin a panic as the watch their largest barrel of booze drift away.

Withangry eyes, they turned to Kid ready to yell, however it fizzledinstantly into fear. His face was twisted monstrously as he didlittle to quell his rage. A sheet of parchment was clutched tightlyin his had. While the crew had scrambled away from him, Killer hadslowly walked over. The first-mate's hidden gaze was locked onto thepaper, knowing that was more than likely the cause of his rampage.

"What'swrong, Kid?"

Assoon as he asked, the redhead thrust the sheet into his face. Killerwas quick to inspect the paper. His eyes traced over it until theylanded on the picture.

Staringright back at him were a familiar pair of feral-looking yellow eyes.Long and wild red hair and a matching sharp grin that all too welltwinned his best friend and captain. Just like Kid's, her entireexpression called and screamed for wanton chaos with a mirthfulsmile.

"It'sHER."

Hiswords sent a shock to the blond's heart. Killer could see thesimilarities, he couldn't deny that this was who they were lookingfor. However, none of this explained the raging anger coming fromKid. He couldn't see how her having a bounty would irritate him tothis point.

"Evenif that is her Kid, what's got you so angry."

Witha huff he pointed at the name given to her on the poster, then handedover another paper. Killer could clearly see the angry indent in thepaper next to a specific article.

REDDEVIL TORIA

Killer, aware of how dangeroushis friend could be in such a mood, was quick to read the article. Itwas quiet between the two for some moments as the first-matecarefully absorbed the information in the article. It wasn't until hegot to the last few sentences of the article that he realised why Kidwas so angry.

"RedDevil Toria is considered a key member of the Red Hair Pirates and ahighly dangerous devil fruit user."

Many thoughts ran through hismind and a mix of emotions filled his chest. First and foremost, hewas relieved that Victoria was all right. As difficult as it was theblond had braced himself for the worst when they had startedsearching for her. Secondly, he was bewildered. How in the hell didthe usually sweet and timid girl manage to join a pirate crew,especially one of the four emperors'?

Knowing Kid, he was going tomake it his goal to not only take out the pirate emperor to get hissister back, but to also make name for their crew. Upon coming tothat realization, one emotion rose above all the others he felt,apprehension. Neither them, nor the rest of the crew were ready toface off against a Yonko.

Behind his mask, Killer closedhis eyes and let out a sigh in dismay. That was why his friend was soangry. It had nothing to really do with the article, more so it wasthat Kid finally found the only person he treasured more than thebeing the pirate king. Yet, as they are now, she was completelyunattainable and unreachable.

"This will complicate a lot ofthings Kid."

"Who cares, if anyone gets inour way I'll kill them."

The two men turned to face eachother. Kid's angry scowl had twisted into a malicious sneer as if heknew that his best friend had come to the same realization he hadwhen first reading the article. The first mate fought the urge togrin back.

"You're right, and the crew iswith you every step of the way."

Meanwhile..

"ACHOO!"

A loud, high-pitched sneezeechoed out of a forested clearing, which was quickly followed bymultiple irritated groans and grunts. Toria slowly pulled herself upfrom the grassy ground, blinking away sleep from bleary eyes. Lookingaround, she saw many of her crew-mates seeking shade for theirhangovers. Even the usually jolly Shanks had a dangerous, "do notdisturb" air oozing off his person and a deadly serious expression.

As she looked around, she notedthat Mihawk had disappeared and a sad ache filled her chest. Shewanted to get to know the mysterious and alluring man, at least morethan what few things Shanks had told her. He was basically the onlypatron in the pub that hadn't succumbed to her abilities, and shecould still feel the hiccup in her heart when their eyes had locked.

A soft red blush worked its wayto her cheeks as she continued to think back on the previous night.She couldn't help but feel invigorated when she fought him too, itdefinitely wasn't the same as when she sparred with Ben or Yassop.

She quickly picked herself upand with a determined smile she made her way back into town. Behindher a few of the men grunted a "Be careful" as she whisperedwhere she was going. A soft chuckle left her at theirover-protectiveness, even when they were all painfully hungover theystill cared about her well being. It was a bittersweet feeling, givenher own father's lack of care for her.

Luckily Victoria didn't have totravel far, as she caught a glimpse of Mihawk's obnoxiously large hatdisappear into the doorway of another pub. Excitement bubbled up inher chest as she eagerly followed after him.