Chapter Thirty Nine

Start from the beginning

The streets were loud with music and laughter, and for once in this forsaken winter, it didn't feel cold.

Loki rested his palm on the small of my back, guiding me past strange men, while Thor greeted the same men with a menacing glare. Even in disguise, the two were terrifying and attractive.

It was great.

After walking through the beautiful streets for what seemed like hours, we finally came upon the horse stables. We planned to get horses and ride out to the BiFrost and visit Heimdall, who couldn't make it to the wedding because of his duties. And, as always, rides on the bridge were beautiful and invigorating.

The horse wasn't quite like Midnight, but then again, this time I was riding behind Loki, with my arms wrapped around his torso.

Somewhere along the way, the brothers decided to race.

"Just like when we were young!" Thor yelled, pushing past us.

Loki laughed, urging our horse to move faster.

"Not so fast, brother!" Loki called back, dashing past him. Loki had his ways with horses. I held on even tighter, laughing hard.

It was amazing to see them getting along so well, without Frigga or me to tell them to. They were brothers not by blood, but by choice, and that seemed to be better than anything they could have chosen.

We arrived at the BiFrost quickly, thanks to the wild race. I was always in awe of its vaulted ceiling and the view of everything I could imagine, as well as Heimdall's wise company.

"Congratulations," was the first thing to spill from Heimdall's lips. He gave a distant smile.

"Thank you, Heimdall," I replied, returning the smile. "I thought it would be nice to visit you, seeing as you couldn't make it to the wedding and I enjoy your company." Loki nodded his greeting.

Heimdall laughed. "Thank you, Princess. You give me more thought than most of the BiFrost users. It's much appreciated."

"As are you, Heimdall. My appreciation for you knows no bounds," Thor said, bowing.

"Kind words go far, Odinson. As do my visions for you."

Thor's expression was serious and concerned. I could nearly feel him tense up from where I stood.

"Oh, it's nothing bad," Heimdall continued. "Considering your feelings right now, this is considerably wonderful."

Thor's brows knit together, but his expression remained neutral. Loki squeezed my hand.

My hope is for the best, his thought read.

Mine too, I replied, hopefully Heimdall does not speak in metaphors.

"Trust me, Princess, this is not a matter I would restrict from you."

I quietly sighed in relief.

"In fact," Heimdall said, looking at the stars, "this matter is about to be resolved. Thor, I have gone to great lengths for you, seeing as your last romance ended quite bitterly. I promise you, you have earned what you have been praying to the gods for."

Thor's blue eyes lit up, and he relaxed. It seemed as if he was about to cry.

"Mind you, she is bound to be a bit confused when she arrives, but her knowledge will come in due time, as all things do."

"In the name of Odin," I whispered, overjoyed and shocked and overwhelmed all together. Loki chuckled quietly at my exclamation.

"See, Brother," Loki said, grinning, "all is fair in love and living."

Thor grinned.

"What's that all about?" I whispered to Loki.

"A bit of childhood bonding and a wild memory," Loki responded, kissing my cheek.

Heimdall smiled. "She's ready." He looked at Thor. "Are you?"

"Only you would know," Thor said.

Heimdall lifted his sword and slammed it down. In the blink of an eye, lights flashed and magic pulsed through the air. Loki wrapped his arm around me, rubbing small circles on my back.

Heimdall and I discussed this for weeks, making sure the timing was perfect. Is this okay with you? Loki asked silently.

I'm just glad he has someone now. He deserves it. I thought in reply. Loki always managed to do things without me knowing. I was grateful that at least this time it wasn't violent or evil, like most other times. That was an aspect I would have to live with, considering the fact that we were married.

There she was. She had long brown hair and a beautiful face. She didn't even seem phased by the journey she just finished, just amazed by the BiFrost and it's functions.

She spun around to me. "Did you see tha- Oh, I am not in the lab anymore."

I laughed. "No, my dear, you are not. Welcome to Asgard."

She studied me for a moment, pondering my words. "So the crazy readings... The energy pulse somehow managed to transport me here? Into space?"

"If I understood any of that besides space and transportation, I'd have to say yes." She was fascinating and lively, and not some sort of temptress or, in a crude sense, a prostitute, like the other women who found attraction to Thor.

She smiled. "Amazing."

"Jane Foster," Heimdall addressed her. She turned to face him. "Follow Prince Thor and I, and we shall explain to you your purpose in Asgard. Princess Lienna and Prince Loki, you are excused to enjoy your remainder of the night. We shall see each other again."

Loki nodded his gratitude, and I waved to the three left in the BiFrost. Loki pulled me close to his chest as golden light shimmered over us. Then, we found ourselves in Loki's room.

"I don't quite believe in the 'Happily Ever After' cliché, but I truly do think this evening will have a happy ending," Loki purred, kissing my cheek.

I laughed. "I'm sure it will."

××××××

-

-

-

-

-

Okay I love this chapter idk I mean Thor got his lady!!! And Loki and Lienna... you can guess the rest ;)

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did!

Lots of love to you,

katiethenovelist