01. Am I Okay?

I took a deep breath, I shook my head trying to focus on the road

I took a deep breath, I shook my head trying to focus on the road. I had practically ran out of the house when I got a call from Chad, who rushed his words. Tara had been stabbed. I quickly parked and sped through the empty parking lot. I spotted my friends inside and quickly walked inside. Chad saw me first and hugged me tightly. I hugged back before spotting Liv. I cleared my throat and pulled away. "Is she alright?" I asked the group. "She's fine, but she's going through surgery, right now," I nodded at Wes and ran a hand through my tangled hair. I had ended up asleep on the couch in my living room with a box of cookies, the smell of chocolate chips still lingered on my hair and clothes. "Listen I have to go, but tell Tara I said hi," Liv gave Chad a small peck on the cheek before walking out. "Interesting," Amber mumbled under her breath.

Mindy gave me a small smile and I returned it. I sat next to her and she took my hand. "You okay Lo?" Chad asked leaning by my ear. I looked up at him confused. "Am I okay?" I asked confused, but he nodded. "I'm good Chad, swear," I smiled giving him a reassuring nod. I tried to ignore the way his breath fanned over my shoulder. He stepped back and I finally took a breath. Mindy gave me a knowing look and I rolled my eyes. "Mom wants us home Mindy, she said it's late," Mindy groaned and quickly pointed at me, seeming worried. "It's okay I'll stay here, with Wes and Amber," I smiled getting up along with Mindy. "No way," Chad said quickly, and Mindy sighed. "Chad we'll be okay, go home, sleep, you have practice tomorrow morning," I explained crossing my arms. "I'm going to the car," Mindy said knowing Chad wasn't gonna falter. "I'm gonna go over there," Wes said pointing to the water fountain and Amber followed.

Chad stared at me seriously. I huffed and lowered my arms. "Chad please," I was quickly stopped by him. "No Arlo, you need to get home safe, is your mom home?" Chad asked, he knew how she traveled for work. "No, she's in New York right now," I said picking at my fingernails, already knowing what he was gonna say. "Then it's settled, you're staying with me, I mean me and Mindy," he corrected crossing his arms, I looked at him shocked. "No way, I'll be fine Chad," I said, but he looked at me seriously, and I nodded. "Fine, okay," I gave up, and he smirked. "You know you can't say no to me," he chuckled throwing his arm over my shoulder. I tried my best to hide my flushed face. "Wes, we're leaving, tells us when Tara gets out of surgery," Wes nodded from his position by the water fountain. He looked at me and gave me a thumbs-up. "Let's go," Chad said his arm still around my shoulders

We walked to the car and Mindy looked at me with a smug smile and I quickly flipped her off. "Mindy, backseat," Chad said opening the driver's door. "What the hell?" she asked, almost as if she didn't know the rules. "You know the law, Mindy," I smirked and she glared at me before opening the door and letting me sit in the passenger seat. "Stupid Chad," she mumbled getting in the back. We all buckled our seat belts and Chad started the car.

Before Chad had even gotten his car, we had agreed that I would always be his passenger, of course, Liv was when she was here but other than that, everyone knew the rules, Chad had shared them with everyone one drunken night. I sighed after a while on the road. "Mindy," I looked back trying to talk to her but she was fast asleep. "She was up late last night watching her movies," I looked at Chad and nodded. She did that constantly, always trying to rope me in to watch her horror films, but I was always more into rom-com.