I hummed, though I wished he'd just say it to me. "You could just tell me on your way to the office."

He let out a nervous laugh. "Yeah, again, I think I'm only going to have the courage to say it once."

"Alright," I obliged. "We'll be there shortly."

"Oh, and Vince?"

"Yeah?"

"You two might want to shower or spray some perfume or something. I might've passed by the door to say all of this earlier to your face, but I could smell it in the halls, so I called you instead," he said. "Unless you'd like all the betas to know what you two were up to."

I scoffed. "Oh, shut up."

He laughed. "Never."

Simon's arm wrapped around my waist as I set the phone back down. "Everything alright?"

"Xavier wants us to attend a meeting."

Simon groaned. "I could sleep for another three hours."

"I'd love to, but it sounded urgent. Some kind of announcement."

"Interesting," Simon said. "Why didn't he just text us?"

I shrugged. "That's what I'm saying."

"Guess I'll have to take a rain check."

"Rain check?"

He smirked. "To continue from where we left off yesterday."

My face flushed as the memories of us going at it multiple times replayed in my head. Yeah, definitely a rain check.

Despite Xavier's request, we didn't have time to shower or douse ourselves with perfume, not that either of us really cared. We had spent eight minutes attempting to drag ourselves out of bed and another two fumbling for clothes while trying not to continue last night's activities.

If any of the betas could smell anything from us last night, no one had said anything. Gratefully, Xavier didn't either. Most likely, his nerves about addressing the betas overrode everything else.

It was a surprise that Sam was there. He usually didn't attend pack meetings unless they directly related to the clinic and the rogues. If it was something serious, my concerns were that Sam was having issues with the uptick of rogues in need of help or other packs were trying to impede on his business. If the southern pack really disliked Xavier's leadership, it was quite possible that they'd see Sam as a means to get to Xavier. Xavier and I discussed this concern which sparked the idea of letting Sam move his business here. It would explain why all the betas were called today if Xavier decided to proceed.

With all of us seated, Xavier cleared his throat. "So, I've been giving what Vince has told me, along with a few of you, and it's probably best I am candid and completely honest with you all. A lot has happened since I became alpha, and I know I'm rather young and inexperienced in many things. Many people may say that I'm not qualified or that it's probably best I focus my efforts on raising Jonah and Lilah, but I enjoy creating a safer and more inclusive pack. With that being said..."

As much as I didn't mind Xavier rambling, even finding it to be one of his charms, the entire room waited impatiently for him to get to the point finally.

"As all of you know, Sam has been aiding us in helping rehabilitate rogues in need of assistance, as well as providing invaluable knowledge within the medical realm. Our working relationship with him has benefited both parties, strengthening our relationship with other packs and the rogues in our surrounding territories. As we move forward in expanding our services and camaraderie with the latest pack treaties, I hope to continue this working partnership even after..."