12- A Very Dementor Christmas

Comenzar desde el principio

"That seems very... Hufflepuff of you," the portrait smirked.

"Yes, well, I still don't like Snape and still think he's a bastard himself, but he's also saved my life several times and is suffering to bring us information that can take down Voldemort. I think I can get past my feelings for the common goal of taking down that abomination of a man," Harry said vehemently.

Phineas Nigellus slowly nodded, and an evil smile turned up the corners of his painted mouth. "I take it back," he said. "You really should have been in my house."

Harry shrugged. "I couldn't really care less at this point. House rivalry is childish when the rights of magical creatures are being taken away and when a demon is trying to take over the world. School in general pales in comparison."

Headmaster Black burst out laughing, very disconcertingly. When Harry looked at him questioningly, the painting just shook his head and continued laughing. "I'm keeping my eye on you, boy. I expect great things," the man laughed his way out of the portrait and the room.

"Mental," Harry sighed and laid back on the bed to let go of Jamie and tuck him in for the night.

●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●

It was dawn before Hedwig returned. Returned probably wasn't the best word as Harry was reasonably sure she'd never left but was taking out her anger on small rodents in the neighborhood. Thankfully, she had waited until Harry was separate from Jamie before trying to peck a hole in his skeletal hand. "Oi! I left you treats!" Harry exclaimed as a sharp beak dug into his hand. As a dementor, she couldn't break the skin, but that didn't mean it didn't hurt.

"You could have come and joined me, you know," he glared at her. "The Azkaban owl wasn't nearly as smart as you."

Hedwig huffed and preened, obviously agreeing. She then turned a death glare on him though. "Yes, I know you like Ginny and Dobby and don't want to leave, but it seemed like a good idea at the time," Harry replied to the glare. "I'm sorry. I wasn't thinking straight."

Hedwig looked warningly down her beak at him, her yellow eyes narrowed. "I promise never to do it again. I'll tell you first before I go anywhere," Harry promised solemnly.

The owl gave a short nod of her head before nuzzling into Harry's tattered robes. "I love you too," he smiled at her and scratched her feathers. "Happy Christmas."

●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●

Christmas morning saw Harry cooking breakfast in the kitchen for everyone. To Remus's complete surprise and probable heart attack, he was doing it in his dementor form though, wanting to let Jamie sleep in a little more. "Harry!" Remus exclaimed, clutching his chest dramatically when he stumbled, bleary eyed into the kitchen. "You have to warn us! We're not quite at the point of expecting to see a dementor frying bacon."

Kreacher glared at the man from where he was washing dishes as Harry let out a haunting chuckle. "Harry-Dementor is being nice to wolfman and bad master. You should be nice to Harry-Dementor," Kreacher warned with narrowed eyes.

"Merlin, no!" Remus exclaimed with wide eyes. "I didn't mean to say anything mean. I'm sorry, Harry. I was just surprised."

Harry screeched at Kreacher as he transferred the bacon from the pan to a platter. The house elf rolled his eyes but turned back to Lupin. "Harry-Dementor is too forgiving. He says it's no problem and that he would be surprised too."

Harry screeched a few more times for Kreacher to explain he was going to pick up Jamie before leaving the room. He didn't want to be in his dementor form when Sirius woke up. Yes, his godfather knew what he was now, but he didn't want to make his life even more difficult than it was by reminding him of prison all the time.